Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App 2.0.1-11309 doesn't show the complete library that's seen on a PC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
captnpops
Tutor
Tutor

This problem was previously posted against App 201-11298. The system update moved to 201-11301; however, the results are the same. For example today 1/4/16 there is one library camera recording and there are two more in the library when accessed via a computer

11 REPLIES 11
DJD
Star
Star
The Mode function doesn't work either after latest updte
DJD
Star
Star
Does work on my computer. Reported to Arlo but no response save standard reply
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both these issues seem to be specific to your own systems. The Library shows all videos and the Mode tab and editing modes work fine for me and most others. I'd suggest a quick power off reset of the base just to see if that helps. Otherwise, the first step for app issues is to reinstall the app.

DJD
Star
Star
Hi. I have a Galaxy Note 4. The app worked fine before the recent update. The Mode function is the only one that doesn't work now though it does on my laptop. I have re powered the phone twice and unistalled and reinstalled the App twice but no joy. No meaningful response from Arlo support. Assume will have to wait until next update when hopefully glitch will have been sorted.
DJD
Star
Star

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser?  If browser, try a different one and/or flush the browser cache.  I found that I needed to do that to get a correctly working web site.

DJD
Star
Star
Google Play store App
captnpops
Tutor
Tutor

The issue is the Arlo app 2.01-11309 doesn't display the complete library:

a. I have a 5 camera system, using one camera to detect and trigger 3 cameras.(this was necessary to allow recording on the other cameras of what motion was detected as the ~2 second delay doesn't show much).  The detect camera is the only one that displays in the library on the Arlo app... this was not the case prior to 12/29/15. All recordings show on the main netgear.arlo.com website.

b. this seems to be a problem that the Arlo app will not show multiple recordings during the same timeframe.

c. another problem is that netgear defaults smartphone web browsers aka chrome to it's play store android app, which means I can't use my smartphone to log in to the fullsite and review the library as I do on a pc desktop.. 

d. I need a solution while traveling to see what's happening as the system is detecting and using all the rules I setup as seen in the complete library.

DJD
Star
Star
Hope Arlo read these and issue a glitch free update soon. All worked perfectly before recent update. Very annoying as have to boot up PC after entering house to turn cameras off and delete all the alerts!
DJD
Star
Star

captnpops
Tutor
Tutor

I have a case open to address the problem and have stated I believe the app is not the problem, just the result of the new general software update for the following reason(s):

1st, prior to the software update for theb system(to include Arlo Q), both the web portal and app 2.01-11298, displayed all the videos that the rules created.

2nd, after the software update the old android app 2.01-11298 only displayed the inital motion detection recording that triggered other cameras.

3rd, while there were problems getting the current app installed, 2.01-11309, after that was resolved, the results remained the same: only the inital recording was available on the current app while all are still available in the web portal library.

In addition to point 1-3 above, I requested Netgear in my case to allow smart phones direct access to the web-portal... via a normal browser like chrome.. (ie right now netgear detects and defers smartphones to the play store for android(I assume same for IOS). This causes users not to access the complete web portal library when getting push notifications and/or emails, that something has been triggered. IE if the app fails now or in the future, users should always have the option of complete full site access.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation