Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Are we Logged In?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
wldrns1
Guide
Guide

Just want to be sure I understand:

I am the Master account...lets call my 6se device one (1).

My wife...lets call her i5 device two (2), has been Granted 'full' Access by me. I am trying to GF both.

Although I read Geofence for both devices is still problematic, I want to try setting it up again per James instructions. Part of the requirements for GF to work is the App must be Logged In. So, here's my questions:

Device 1 always wants Authentication which is fine. I DO NOT Log Out via the Profile page. I DO swipe the App away on my device.

I believe App is still Logged In. I am not Logged Off as long as I do not Log Off from the Profile page. Is device 1 actually still Logged IN after swiping the App away? If yes, understood & fine.

Device 2 App opens immediately to cameras when touching the Arlo Icon if previously Logged In and not Logged Out via Profile page. Device 2 does not ask for Authentication of any kind. The App page, for example Cameras, is swiped away at the main device 2 screen when done. Device 2 user never Logs Off from the Profile page. Swiping away DOES NOT close the App. Am I correct about this? If yes, fine & understood.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wldrns1
Guide
Guide

Pro W 4 Cameras

All working well. The only change I've made is to reduce (via device 1) the GF Range from Large to Medium. Device 2, or any 'Granted Access' device, cannot edit GF settings. I'm old school and find a number of operational things assumed to be understood. Guess I finally got there with GF but a little 'initiation by fire'. System will stay as is for now.

I know this may all be routine for some. Setup for me was unsuccessful for a while. Procedure needs to be followed EXACTLY. Works well.

For now, happy camper!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
wldrns1
Guide
Guide

I believe App is running even after swiping away as described above. I continue. See below.

After following this article: How do I add friends to my Arlo account? 

Then this article: How do I add and manage multiple mobile devices for geofencing?

Both phones were set up and are currectly in the GF area & show "IN ZONE". Phone 2 initially showed UNAVAILABLE but after a few minutes, it switched to  IN ZONE. Maybe part of the GF complaints are due to this lag and the assumtion of a change/setup attempt did not take? If time is needed to have phones and devices sync & stabilize, that fact should be clearly stated.

We will see how all perform today 

wldrns1
Guide
Guide

PRO W 4 CAMERAS

Device 2 has left the GF area. From MASTER device 1 App, MODE/BASE/GEOFENCE(enabled)/EDIT (via pencil icon)/DETAILS (have to scroll down)/ENABLED DEVICES. Device 1 shows IN ZONE, Device 2 shows in red OUT OF ZONE. Good.

CAUTION!!! When scrolling on map page to see ENABLED DEVICES, it is possible to move MAP LOCATION &/or GF RANGE CIRCLE away from each other. The result will be a device that is what YOU believe is in the desired GF area, but according to the software MAP, is OUT OF ZONE. CAUTION!!! Look at your map & confirm. BE CAREFUL SCROLLING!

More to follow when I head to work. Still more when both devices return tonite.

wldrns1
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro 4 cams

Device 1 shows Base in ARMED mode when out of GF Zone. How long to ARM is unknown.

Going to GF page/Enabled Devices (via EDIT green pencil icon) shows Enabled Devices (1 & 2) Out of Zone.

Note Device 2 (Granted) does not have the EDIT feature for GF.

So far, so good. 

wldrns1
Guide
Guide

Pro w 4 Cams

2 returned to GF Zone first. GF feature worked correctly. 1 showed 1 Out Of Zone, 2 In Zone.  Modum showed Disarmed. Returning to GF Zone with 1 switched 1 to In Zone. Modum showed Disarmed.

All of this was done with LARGE RADIUS on map in device1. I switched Radius in 1 to MEDIUM. We'll see.

Note Device 1 is like an 'Admin'. The Admin has more settings & control than other Granted Devices. EX: 2 cannot Edit any GF features and has no map.

Also noted Device 2/Mode while in GF Zone, Modum Status was hung for over 2 min of 'Getting Information'. Tried going to settings the back to mode. NG Swipe App away then reopen. NG.  What made it finally show correct status is unknown. Somewhat unsettling. 

wldrns1
Guide
Guide

Pro W 4 Cameras

All working well. The only change I've made is to reduce (via device 1) the GF Range from Large to Medium. Device 2, or any 'Granted Access' device, cannot edit GF settings. I'm old school and find a number of operational things assumed to be understood. Guess I finally got there with GF but a little 'initiation by fire'. System will stay as is for now.

I know this may all be routine for some. Setup for me was unsuccessful for a while. Procedure needs to be followed EXACTLY. Works well.

For now, happy camper!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation