Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any way to have certain cameras turn on and off when modes are set?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Glunkey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any way to have certain cameras turn on and off when modes are set? Example: I arrive home, I still want the exterior cameras on, but I would like my interior camera to turn OFF.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You just have to create CUSTOM MODES.... to split up the cameras into active groups you want.

search is yur friend... faqs answered in the green box above

read ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-for-my-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Fre...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Glunkey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the reply. I understand how to set up custom modes and trigger cameras to record and not to. I'm asking if there is a a way to AUTOMATICALLY turn the camera completely OFF with a certain custom mode setting I do not see it on the app. Maybe on the full site?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's where geofencing may be your friend.  When the system noted you're home, a certain mode is set.  Same for when detected that you're away.  This can only be set up using the app since the phone is how location is detected.

Glunkey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still no "CAMERA OFF" option under geofence. It just uses the modes you have set up. The camera OFF feature is found under settings for the individual cameras. It must be manually selected on/off.

Maybe in the next software update they can add the option to the custom modes section.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Glunkey wrote:
Still no "CAMERA OFF" option under geofence. It just uses the modes you have set up. The camera OFF feature is found under settings for the individual cameras. It must be manually selected on/off.

Maybe in the next software update they can add the option to the custom modes section.

In Modes, ANY CAMERA NOT in the Active Mode is OFF,,, so  if you use a Custom mode to turn on the outside cameras when your home via Geo, the inside cameras are automatically off.

BTW, the Off/On your seeing in SETTINGS is really for SHARED cameras...so friends can;t peep at you when you don't want IF you share camera viewing under GRANT ACCESS...more of a privacy setting.

If the Cameras aren't in use they go to a sleep mode

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation