Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android Notifications stopped after the application update

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
mfastag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, after the udpate my android app stopped giving notifications. My IOS app still works.  is this a known issue being corrected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mfastag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, There was another app update to version 2.0.1_11309. I now have notifications working from the app...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been some report of android pushes not working....

Mine ( older 4.4 xx ) is working fine.  Please post the phone and OS version so the techs can answer your question better.

As a PS, usu , it's a un - install and re-install to make surethe app is ok

Also each camera now has a push on/off option instead of all on or off

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mfastag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I did the uninstall / reinstall. Same issue. Also confirmed that the push notification option is on in the camera settings (note that the iPhone app is getting the notifications).

I am using the samsung s5, os version 5.x

Thanks.

Brett0712
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue here.  Have you fixed your problem?

Have removed the app, cleared the cache, etc and no change.  I am still unable to get notifications from the latest android app.  

I am running a Nexus 5X with Andoid 6.0.1

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to be clear, the app itself has notifications enabled in phone settings and the various rules have notification turned on (the default is off), right?

Brett0712
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is correct - unless I am missing something.  

Under the app settings in phone setting, notifications is on.  In the Arlo app itself I do not see anything regarding push notifications - I must be missing the option...  

Brett0712
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fixed it  - I am using a schedule and had to go under the custom options for the schedule.  One of the cameras push notifications was off.  Im good now.  

Thanks!!!!

mfastag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, There was another app update to version 2.0.1_11309. I now have notifications working from the app...

Vaz
Star
Star
Arlo android app no longer showing number of motion detections in camera view since the last update. Every time we receive an update from Arlo/Netgear something goes wrong, why is this and why can't they get it right first time these ongoing issues with the updates are becoming very frustrating.

That's not including the fluctuation of images in the library.

The question is when are you going to fix the latest screw ups?

I'm seriously thinking of taking this public to the consumer rights program "Watch Dog" if you don't get your act together!

These update issues have going on far too long!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Vaz,

We are aware of this issue and are working diligently toward a resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.

Thank you,
JamesC
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

James,

Is there somewhere we are supposed to be following for this resolution?  (How about a Arlo System Status page, so we don't have to browse through the forums to see if everything is working)

The notifications to my phone are what our security system is based on, so I'd say it's a dead duck while it's down.

thanks.

Vaz
Star
Star
I totally agree, they need to setup some sort of resolution page separately to save time searching around the entire forum.

And again you are correct in saying that the entire system is totally worthless without any type of notification.... Early warning is always the key in any security system!!
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation