Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
tbhausen
Star
Star
Is there a real changelog available? A Santa Hat on the icon and a "Happy Holidays!" (it's Christmas here in the USA) in the Play Store is cute and all, but most developers tell us what's actually new there. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tbhausen,

The icon was the only update to the Android app with this release, no other changes were made.

JamesC

tbhausen
Star
Star
No meaningful improvements could be made since last August? That doesn't sound like much of a commitment to the people who've invested in Arlo hardware.
darwynnc
Tutor
Tutor
Agreed. I keep looking for a change log for the firmware or the app but so far in drawing a blank. I see they can release new products but can't update how the existing product works? Why would I pay this much when I can get a Foscam for so much less? I refuse to buy another camera until I know this company is actually doing something with the product.
tbhausen
Star
Star
It's a shame because I got the four-camera system on Black Friday, but I just returned it to Best Buy unopened. Just not a whole lot here in the forums to be confident about.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Of course, it may have worked fine for you. You'll never know. Virtually every forum is filled with rants and problems since the folks who don't have problems generally don't post.

tbhausen
Star
Star
There's always generation 2 (and if there isn't, I made a good call anyhow).
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

tbhausen wrote:
It's a shame because I got the four-camera system on Black Friday, but I just returned it to Best Buy unopened. Just not a whole lot here in the forums to be confident about.

It's a shame. because B Buy takes items back  easy...( 15-30 days normal returns but extended now due to Christmas ( purchase from Nov 1 return to Jan 15th ) )

You could have tried it out to actually make a valid determination of the product rather than based on what others say

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation