Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Aiming camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
MikeyLV
Star
Star

I have two cameras. Both at 100% sensitivity. They both see a cul-de-sac, with the front door camera only seeing a small bit and the driveway camera seeing it all.

My probelm is that the front door camera caught a car this morning, while the wider view of the street did not. Sort of confused since both have 100% sensitivity.

Anyone have any suggestions. Do I need to re-aim my driveway camera? Perhaps motion is better detected at the top of the frame.

Any help appreciated.

Arlo video won't work with inserting a it's URL in the add media function, so it's here:

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/59BF5A76A0C19405 (will open in new window)

Still of the other camera below.

Driveway.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree with your supposition that aiming the camera down to allow the motion be detected by the top of the frame would be useful.  Distance is part of the equation but the exact aiming helps a lot.  I have a driveway camera that catches cars on the street even though the street is almost completely out of the frame.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree with your supposition that aiming the camera down to allow the motion be detected by the top of the frame would be useful.  Distance is part of the equation but the exact aiming helps a lot.  I have a driveway camera that catches cars on the street even though the street is almost completely out of the frame.  

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

The weird thing about these "things" is that motion detection works best in two areas: 1. The very top of the coverage area, as Jguerdat stated, My "webcams" can catch a car come across the field of view 50 feet away moving at 25 MPH.   and  2.  right underneath the "webcam".  Anything in between is a crap-shoot.   

naughty
Aspirant
Aspirant

mine our from the sides lol

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation