Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Additional users need to get notifications and more access

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

I granted my wife full access to the account. 

There are some shortcomings that I would like to be addressed:

She is unable to get any notifications on her phone via the App about detected motion. However I think she can get emails if enabled. Why would Arlo not allow app notifications, but allow email notifications?

Other users with full rights should have the ability to have more control or at least get notifications. Especially if there is more than one person living in the house. If I am out of town or not home, and she is alone, she will never be notified of any suspicious activity outside, rendering the cameras no use to her unless he manually checks it.

Please put this request for more access and notifications for additional users. 

9 REPLIES 9
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

You may want to go to settings, grant access.  Click on the friend(persons name).  This will open a new screen.  From there, click edit amd then there is an option to allow access rights.  Besure that you save any changes.

Regarding push notifications, that may be a phone specific issue.

The steps I gave are from the iOS app.  You should also be able to follow almost verbatim on the web portal.

All the functionality you are requesting is there.   

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, user has access rights - which really only allows access to view the cameras. 

Called Arlo, they said only the main account can get notifications. Its not a phone issue as i tried her account on my phone and no alerts. 

If you've found a way for two accounts to get notification, let me know, otherwise as far as i know and have tried it is not possible. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would represent a new change in the app or firmware.  @JamesC, care to comment?

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

Maybe I am not clear on what the issue is.  At times, you keep saying two accounts, but then you mention granting full rights to your account.  I have a person who I have granted access to my account and they receive push notifications.   

So I guess I am not understanding what you mean by two accounts.  The current functionality allows you to grant another person access to your account.  A email is sent to them and they must accept it.   They must have the application on their phone.  The second person should then be able to set up their own credentials which will allow them to log into your account and have the access which you granted them.

Is this not happening?  Or are you trying to do something different?

Only trying to assist and understand the problem more.

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

By accounts I mean profile or users - but to one account. Sorry if that was confusing. 

i've already gone through the setup steps and emails, installed the phone aps, etc. 

I have my main user / login credentials on my phone which works fine. I invited her and granted her access.

She logs in with her own user / login creditals to my account (of which I have granted her full access rights) on her phone within the arlo app.

She only receives email alerts, she does not receive arlo app notifications AKA motion detection alerts on her phone.

Accordingly to Alro tech support, only the main user/profile can get notifications via the app on the phone. She cannot receive push notifications (only email). Thats what they told me and so far that is how its been working.

I had her sign in with my user / login credentials and she did receive push notifications. However only one device can be signed in at a time. So if I sign in with the same credentials on my phone it boots her out, or vice versa, so that is not an option. 

Simply, all I'm requesting is that a second user with full rights granted should recieve push notifications.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Deanomite,

To my knowledge, the shared access user should be receiving push notifications. The app must remain logged in an open for this to occur. Is she logging out of the app?

If she is and still is not receiving push notifications, please let me know what model device/OS version she is using.

JamesC

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is currently not working that way. Also the Arlo tech on the phone said this feature was only available to the main user, so...?

She is not logging out of the app. She logs in and the app remains open. But in the background of course if she's using other apps.

However, no push notifications - just emails. 

She has an Iphone 6, running 10.1.1

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Push notifications still not working on my wife's iphone. She has guest/shared profile WITH full access rights granted.

She Logged out, logged back in, no notifications unfortunately. She gets emails, but not app notifications.

Works fine on my android when logged into the main profile.

If i have her sign in under my user (main) profile, she DOES get notifications. When she signs in under her profile, she does NOT get notifications.

Vice versa, if i sign in on my android under her profile I do not receive notifications. It works again when i sign back in under main profile. 

So the IOS phone is ruled out as an issue. I has to do with the shared account and notifications.

Nighthawker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  It's a gross oversight since this product is being used mostly by families.  Husband and wife need to have equal rights over the account and both get push notifications.  This would be a simple update to the Arlo app.  Please make it so!  This is kind of a deal breaker.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation