Accept invitation to be a friend with an existing ARLO account

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
onkelfrankw
Follower
Follower

I had first installed my ARLO Netgear from my telephone with my e-mail address and created an ARLO ACCOUNT.

Now my wife wants to have total control of the system.  I have deconnected from the base station with my i-phone, I have reset the ARLO base station and I have reinstalled the same base station on my wife's i-PAD.  All is working well.

Now I want to give myself the "view" rights as my wife's friend, but nothing happens when I log into my existing account.  Something I can do ?  Or do I need to create a new account ?  With another e-mail address ?  What if I could delete my existing account and create it again replying to my wifes invitation ?  Please help ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

onkelfrankw,

Welcome to the community! You can use your existing account. When you receive the friend invitation from your wife's account just click on the link provided in the e-mail and sign in to your existing account. That should trigger the invite on your wife's account to switch from "pending" to "accepted" which will allow viewing of the shared cameras. Let me know if you have any issues completing this process!

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

onkelfrankw,

Welcome to the community! You can use your existing account. When you receive the friend invitation from your wife's account just click on the link provided in the e-mail and sign in to your existing account. That should trigger the invite on your wife's account to switch from "pending" to "accepted" which will allow viewing of the shared cameras. Let me know if you have any issues completing this process!

JamesC

iflypapachris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James. I am having a similar situation to onkelfrankw. Both myself and my mother have installed Arlo systems at our respective houses. All good, except that when I click on the link in the email that she has sent me to be setup as an administrator there I don't see anything relating to the invitation, including not being able to access here system. Is there something I am missing? I am more tech savvy than mom, so we wanted me to have administrator privledges on her system to adjust settings if needed.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Chris

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

iflypapachris,

Welcome to the community! After sending the invitation from the primary account you should see the following e-mail:

Hi username,

We’ve got some fun news: username has invited you to share live video views from some of their Arlo security cameras.

It’s easy to accept this invitation and tune in. Just create your own arlo.netgear.com account by clicking on this link:

Create my own Arlo Account

If the link above doesn’t connect you to the arlo.netgear.com website, copy and paste this address into your browser:

https://arlo.netgear.com/?registrationToken

Just like Arlo itself, it’s that simple to stay connected to the things that matter most! If you’d like to learn more about what makes Arlo the world’s easiest home monitoring system, visit. https://arlo.netgear.com and explore the possibilities.

The Arlo Team

https://arlo.netgear.com

The link you need to click to accept the invitation is in blue "Create my own Arlo Account". For a step by step of this process take a look at this article: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

I hope this helps!

JamesC

Mspriggs180
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  I have an Arlo account because my wife invited me as a 'friend'.  1 of our cameras then stopped working and to cut a long story short we got the whole system replaced at PC world, now she has the system set up and working again however after I receive the invite again (she had to delete me 1st as it wasn't working) and click the link, it asks me to go to the app. I go to the app and have no cameras to view.  My wife's friend request section still shows me as 'pending' How can I get this to work? Hopefully I don't have to set up a new account with a new email address? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mspriggs180,

You don't have to set up a new account. Instead of clicking the link from a mobile app, try clicking the link on a PC through a web browser. It will take you to the Arlo log in screen, log in to your account from that screen and that will accept the invitation. Let me know if you're still having issues.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A workaround on a mobile device is to use the mobile app's option to identify itself as a desktop device (Chrome uses "Request Desktop Site").

Mspriggs180
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks both, it's now working. I just had to click the link using a laptop rather than my iPad. Thanks again!
sfong007
Aspirant
Aspirant

My husband and I are experiencing the same issue. I invited my husband as a friend and he went through the exact same process trying his iphone, ipad and macbook.  The error message is the same, "the username and password are incorrect".  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sfong007,

It soudns like you may be trying to log in with the original account information. When clicking the "create new account" link provided in the friends invitation e-mail, the friend must then create a new account to view the cameras.

JamesC

Femke
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the preblems the other way around. At first I bought the camera system, and I added my boyfriend as a friend. I used his regular e-mail address. He liked the Arlo so much that he bought one himself. Now he wants to use his regular e-mail address for his account, so I deleted him as my friend. But now he cannot use his own system with his regular e-mail address, because his account already exists. He used another e-mail address, but he's a little stubborn and wants to use his regular address for his own system. Can you tell me if this is possible?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Femke,

He can add his system to his existing account by clicking the "add device" button on the cameras screen. He will need to remove the device from the new e-mail account first and then he will be able to claim it with his existing account.

JamesC

House2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation