Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARCHIVE VIDEOS

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
billymacdesign
Aspirant
Aspirant
I thought I was able to go back into my archives and retrieve a video.... but I do not see that feature anymore.
I am looking to restore ALL the videos from yesterday (feb 23 2016) that was recorded from my cameras..... is this not possible any more since I deleted all of them from my app?   I beleived it ws a free service... up to a limited time and file sizes to get OLD deleted files that were archived automaticlly by ARLO.... is thi still possible?   Thanks...billy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

billymacdesign,

Trucha is correct, deletion of content either manually or automatically due to expiration ( 7 days for basic) is permanent. Any content you would like to keep for future reference should immediately be downloaded and stored locally.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
I believe once you delete them there gone..... I read many times if you needed the videos to download to a local storage. Arlo keeps them available for a 7 day rolling window or til you reach your allocated storage.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

billymacdesign,

Trucha is correct, deletion of content either manually or automatically due to expiration ( 7 days for basic) is permanent. Any content you would like to keep for future reference should immediately be downloaded and stored locally.

JamesC

billymacdesign
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your answer..... it is not the answer I wanted.... but it clears up my misconception.

I do believe that when I first bought these ARLOS a year ago they offerend FREE archives up to 1gig.... but i guess no more 😞

OH well... they say,,, nothing is FREE in this world.... and I guess this applies to back-up storage shell game too 🙂

thaks again for your help

billy

billymacdesign
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not particularly like this system of the 7 day delete.... there were MANY, MANY times i have deleted a video and than a month later wished I had the ability to go back and retreive it.  At the time it was recorded I may not feel it was important to keep and archive on my local drive.... but weeks later I wanted to get it and this is not possible.  I wish you would figure a way for this to happen... please?

thanks

billy

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
It's very easy: subscribe to the Premier plan and enjoy a 30-day retention period for your recorded videos.

If you come back later to say that there was this one video that was 31 days old that you wish you could still retrieve, fear not, help is near: merely subscribe to the Elite plan and your videos will last you a whole 60 days!

Of course, you could also just save every day's worth of videos, but that is far more work.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Additionally, pro-actively download your videos. I use a Python script to do this automatically on my laptop. The onus is on your anus to take care of this and is easily rectified using this script. PM me your email address and take charge of any shortcomings.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation