Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
oceanave
Follower
Follower

The pan and zoom image is stuck on an old location so I can't change the parameters  of the new location.  How do I change/fix this?

48 REPLIES 48
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

Click on the camera icon on the top right to trigger a snapshottut_man_snapshot.PNG

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

if above doesn't work... just click on the center of snapshot picture... it should go back to full view.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
NerdGlasses
Star
Star

Just to confirm: The pan & zoom setting is for nothing more than to set how it appears on the main screen, correct? It doesn't effect motion detection or anything else, right? 

Thanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

NerdGlasses wrote:

Just to confirm: The pan & zoom setting is for nothing more than to set how it appears on the main screen, correct? It doesn't effect motion detection or anything else, right? 

When you change the pan&view in Camera settings it will change the view of the camera... 

This for me allows the camera to be placed in certain locations but still eliminate seeing walls, cabinets, etc that really make no diff. The pic view snippet just appears enlarged with a touch more grain.

( now this is an educated guess ) Since the IR motion detector is separate from the camera proper and the detection is not done via pixel change sense in the camera itself ( but by IR change ) , I would think the answer is No.

Anymore info would prob have to come from Netgear.

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

NerdGlasses wrote:

Thanks!

Hello NerdGlasses,
TomMac is correct. Motion detection uses IR so the changes in heat set off motion detection. 
Here is a KB article talking about motion detection Will motion detection work through glass/windows

cjmcg
Initiate
Initiate

One of my cameras is stuck in an old position and clicking the snapshot doesnt work and clicking on the image doesnt work.  Other solutions?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your using Android or IOS, see if you can clear the buffer area of the app OR force a shut down and restart... then try again.

On a PC,  normally you double click on the picture and it will revert back to full size. 

If this isn't working, you can try a restart of the base ( power off/on or from SETTINGS>BASE SETTINGS, restart ) and give it a few mins till all the leds come back on, then open the prgm and try again

OR, try to reboot the PC just in case.

Eclipse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I read the instructions to press the little camwera ico to access the cameras adjustments for Pan or Tilt.

However when I tap of it the icon gets lighter for a few seconds indicating that I actually hit it but nothing happens.

Is there some other settings I have to access to make the Pan / Tile adjustments?

Thanks for your help

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there some other settings I have to access to make the Pan / Tile adjustments?

there is no pan/tilt....  What you are referring to is to crop/zoom in your picture. ( tho they call it pan )

On PC, ( you didn't mention your os )SETTINGS,CAMERA SETTINGS, pick camera, click on the picture of CAMERA on right side lower.

It will take a new snapshot.  Click and pull the 'little green boxes' that appear in the upper left / lower right to adjust picture and also then move smaller box around by click/hold/move.  When you get it to your liking HIT SAVE !  You will then have the selected smaller cropped pic as you camera view.

To revert back to full screen, double click on picture ( or hit delete) and you shoud see it pop back to full view as original...hit SAVE again.

Jody
Luminary
Luminary

This is really of no benefit. You need to be able to change the aspect of the picture...If you want to cut out a wall you also loose part of the floor...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jody wrote:

This is really of no benefit. You need to be able to change the aspect of the picture...If you want to cut out a wall you also loose part of the floor...

You can can the aspect... both side lines of the box are movable... then you can move the smaller box to position

Jody
Luminary
Luminary

Guess I'm missing something....I cant move the sides in without loosing some of the top or bottom. Even if I move the box I still can't get covered what I want. I don't see a way to post or upload a pic of what I'm refering to...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No Jody, maybe i wasn't clear...you will loose a bit of top or bottom, but you can move the smaller box around. You pull from the two corners.

As to aspect ratio, it's not a free adjust.... it does have to fit in the same camera view box at the end, So in effect your right.

If you can't get what you want in the adjusted box, maybe move the camera.

Jody
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks Tom....The camera is in a breezeway, You have the wall to the garage on one side and the wall to the house on the other, the walkway is about 6 feet wide..That is the view I need to see who may be coming up to the back door....It is a very limited area...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to be funny... but have you tried to rotate the camera 90d clockwise ( on its edge ).

View may be better and sensing may be better as FOV is wider than high.  Downside is after a video/pic you've have to rotate back in a vid prgm ... a small problem if only using for security.

Jody
Luminary
Luminary

I have but it is still such a narrow walkway that I still get alot of the wall...It's not a huge issue, 

Thank you for the input......

CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

One of my cameras is stuck in an old position and clicking the snapshot doesnt work and clicking on the image doesnt work.

Another bug in the software I assume. The pan and zoom function doesn't work at all on my system either. I press the little camera icon, a loading bar appears, then nothing. Not a big problem for me, but it doesn't inspire confidence that there are so many glitches.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CloudHopper,

The little camera icon when clicked takes a snapshot of the camera's current view so that you can adjust the Pan & Zoom according to what the camera currently sees. When you click that camera icon does it not bring up an image of what the camera is currently viewing?

JamesC

CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James,

No, it doesn't show what the camera is seeing. After I click the green camera button, a little green loading bar appears. That stays there for about 20 seconds, then the little green bar disappears, but the image of what the camera is pointed at never appears.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CloudHopper,

What browser are you using and does this happen if you try a different browser or the mobile app?

CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have tried Chrome and Opera browsers. Same problem on both.

I have the Android app on my phone and a tablet. It has the same problem as on the browsers. I press the camera icon, the little circle spins around indefinitely, but the updated picture never appears.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CloudHopper,

Would it be possible for you to check for the same results when using IE and FireFox? Also check your camera firmware to make sure it is up to date along with your browser and adobe flash player versions. Do you have multiple cameras that this is occurring on? Please let me know as I have not been able to replicate any issues with the Pan and Zoom feature on any browsers or the mobile app.

JamesC

CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Flash wasn't the latest version, so I updated it, but it didn't resolve the issue.

The same problem occurs with IE and Firefox.

Hardware VMC3030
Firmware 1.2.2688

FW Version 1.4.2695
HW Version VMB3010r2

I only have the one camera.

comlab
Guide
Guide

Hi all

I have exact the same probelm than CloudHopper.  I have 3 cameras all up-to-date. If I open the camera details I get the small grey spinning circle but the picutre does not load. On the web browser I see a small green bar but there also no picture at the end. This function worked fine 2 weeks ago when I installed the system and placed the cameras, but now it's no longer working. I rebooted the base station, my phone as well my PC, nothing helped. I can't bring back the preview pictures in the Pan&Zoom sections.

Screenshot_2015-10-19-23-06-29.png