Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
oceanave
Follower
Follower

The pan and zoom image is stuck on an old location so I can't change the parameters  of the new location.  How do I change/fix this?

48 REPLIES 48
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can also try resetting the camera(s) by opening and closing the battery door.  

FWIW, I'm having a camera replaced since I had similar experiences with that one device.  The other continues to work fine.

arlouser12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with one of my cameras. May I ask what is the process to have a camera replaced?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Place a trouble ticket with support.  I'd suggest calling since they'll step you through steps to troubleshoot first.

Never
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem still, has this gotten a fix yet? It's really frustrating and I don't understand how things can go backwards from working to not. 

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same problem  that Comlab does when trying to use the pan and zoom feature within the Android app environment on both my phone and tablet. It works as advertised on my computer, using IE, but via the mobile app the image won't load (see Comlab's screenshot). I have tried reinstalling the app without success. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. 

watcher29
Guide
Guide

I also have this problem on all four of my cameras.  The pan and zoom picture will not update, I get the spinning circle on my phone, and the green "updating" bar on computer.  The pictures were all updating just fine as of a few days ago.  I have restarted the base, cleared cache on computer and phone, rebooted computer and phone, etc. - all of the suggestions I've seen here.  Frustrating!

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I forgot to add that I am also having this issue with all three of my cameras. I've only had this system for a few days and had not tried the pan and zoom feature via the Android app until today, so I don't know if it ever worked in that environment  or not. Like I said earlier, however, it works just fine via IE on my computer. 

newsshooter
Guide
Guide

Having the SAME problem here... it worked this morning but this afternoon and evening no dice.  I'm wondering if it's a glitch in the system all of a sudden, OR if Netgear will fix this if they're even aware of it.

I moved a cam facing my driveway but decied to make a slight change to the mounting position as to avoid cars driving by on the street, the cam was still catching them so I "cropped" to change field of view, but after discovering that cropping in the "pan & tilt" funtion does NOT change the motion detection whatsoever so I decided to re-crop or better yet let's say "UN-crop" back to original FOV but now I can't get the function to do ANYTHING in the way of cropping, moving or reverting back to where I initially had the field of view.  It's stuck in a cropped FOV which is what I DON'T want.  The little green camera icon, upon clicking does show a green loading bar but when it's done loading... nothing, it's still the tightly cropped image without the change I designated.  What a hassle man.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware and are currently investigating the issue with the pan and zoom feature. The zoom feature when live streaming and manual snapshots are working without issue. We will provide an update when we have a resolution.

JamesC

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fair enough. Thank you, sir.

Tbrainz
Tutor
Tutor

+1 for this issue.  Been mildly bugging me for weeks, but enough to eventually search the forums now Man Wink

Hometheatremave
Guide
Guide

Same problem. Can't get rid of old picture in Pan and Zoom no matter what I do. This problem just started a few days ago and exists on both my PC Windows 10 and my IPad app.

Called Arlo and they said 4 others were having this problem. (Bet it's a lot more!). They said they're working on it.

CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm still having this problem too.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a trouble ticket in on this. 

Dpor007
Tutor
Tutor

I have have the same problem and opened a ticket almost 2 weeks ago with no response.  I had a friend purchase the system as well and she has the same issue.  This needs to be resolved....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our engineers have tested and resolved this issue and plan to deploy the fix as soon as possible (likely today or by the end of tomorrow). We appreciate your patience and understanding in this process.

Thank you,

JamesC

Hometheatremave
Guide
Guide

How will we receiive this update?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not an update on your end.  I just tested this and it's working fine with no interaction from me.

Hometheatremave
Guide
Guide

Yes, mine's working correctly also.

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine is also good to go. Thank you.

watcher29
Guide
Guide

It is working now, thank you!

lomei
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought mine was broken, but it randomlystarted working again just now.

Mr29rose
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any way to choose a specific area of the view that will only detect motion? From what I read it seems like the camera detection has nothing to do with the area the camera sees. Just motion in the area the sensor is pointed at?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not on the wireless cameras. You can with the Q cameras because it uses pixel-based detection, not the whole scene PIR sensor the wireless cameras use. Positioning is potentially critical with only monitoring the scene of the action rather than trying to get everything. You can also search on "PVC" here and check out the shield one user made to help limit what's available to the sensor.