Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

24/7 vs. Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JanColl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday afternoon I purchased the 24/7 plan for this camera, however when checking my "library" this morning, I see that it is still recording by motion detection.  Is there something I missed?  How long does it take to "activate" the 24/7 recording mode?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JanColl wrote:

Yesterday afternoon I purchased the 24/7 plan for this camera, however when checking my "library" this morning, I see that it is still recording by motion detection.  Is there something I missed?  How long does it take to "activate" the 24/7 recording mode?

Thanks!

The Q camera allows the 24/7 option...

But to let you know it DOESN'T change ( or you don't lose ) the option to do motion activated recordings... it does both at the same time.

If a motion activated record occurs, the file will appear in the Library just as normal. 

To view the 24/7 screen, From the main Q camera screen click on the CLOCK icon, this will take you to the 24/7 record cvr

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't give us much to work with.  Wireless or Q cameras? Wireless never will have 24/7 recording while the Q cameras have the CVR option.  Is that what you're referring to?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JanColl wrote:

Thanks!

The Q camera allows the 24/7 option...

But to let you know it DOESN'T change ( or you don't lose ) the option to do motion activated recordings... it does both at the same time.

If a motion activated record occurs, the file will appear in the Library just as normal. 

To view the 24/7 screen, From the main Q camera screen click on the CLOCK icon, this will take you to the 24/7 record cvr

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation