Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2.1.1 Don't update it!!

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor
I have a Samsung S5 running lollipop.
I just bought my Arlo (VMK3500) last weekend and it is working ok so far.

The new 2.1.1 update which I did on my phone was a mistake!!...after the update it would not connect to the cameras at all, juse a lot of flickering of what would have been the "live" button . My wife's phone without the update still worked, so I looked at what version she had and had to go online and look for the older version....once I installed it back on my phone eveeything worked once more.

Overall I happy with the system, but I don't like the fact that I cant trust any updates now as it will render the system useless.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor
I posted on the other thread regarding this, but I put it here too....
The newer 2.1.2 update fixed all my problems that I was having ....so a one week turn around time to fix it....Not bad....Thanks Arlove team.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor
Forgot to add...I went back to version 2.1.0_12984 in order for my phone to be able to work with the Arlo software.

I like to stay current on updates and would like to have a solution on how I can do this...One reason I did the 2.1.1 update to begin with is that it said it was for "bug fixes"....and that's exactly what it didn't do!
Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor
Anther problem I have with the updates is that my phone always shows that 1.7.5_6178 is available, but it never goes thru and updates...it just comes back with a "Failure to trigger base" or some such error...
Any solutions to this problem also??
Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kdarmy,

1.7.5_6178 is a firmware update for the base station. This update will take place automatically overnight.

To check to see if your base station firmware is up to date log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your base station and scroll to FW version.

When you had the 2.1.1 mobile app installed, was the issue intermittent or did all cameras always show this behavior? Did it occur on both your phone and your wife's phone? I cannot replicate this issue.

JamesC

Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor

James,

I checked from my laptop and yes it is version FW Version 1.7.5_6178

But on my Samsung 5 if I check on the base is has 1.7.5_6178 listed but it is flagged that an update is available, and of course i can go thru the motins of trying to update it, but it never changes....so somehow I need to clear this out ???

Regarding the 2.1.1 upadate...

Once it was installed everything would start up, but on all 4 cameras the "live" button, where it should be was instead just some flickering...unable to push on it and no way to clear it up. 

My wife did not do the install, and her's worked fine as did my laptop....so I reverted back to the previous version on my phone and evrything worked again (with the update showing as it always has).

If this is still not clear enough or you need more info to work with let me know.

Thanks 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kdarmy,

Try uninstalling the Arlo mobile app completely (rather than updating) and download/install a fresh version from the app store. Please let me know if you continue to experience the same issue.

JamesC

Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor

James,

Well, I just spent half and hour uninstalling and reinstalling 2.1.1

I tried it a few different ways by changing my security settings etc....whatever I could think of to try, I did.

Bottom line....It does not work!

The mode and library screens are fine...in library mode I can see what it has on file and I can play them back.

The Camera screen...

Same as always. All four camera screens come up, but they are all green, with mesage that they are connecting (but never does) and again I can see the live buttons flicker very breifly in one or more camera windows....it is just a quick flash, then for the most part it is just the green screens.

Also to note, even with the 2.1.1 update, it still shows that an update is availiable (the one for the base we already discussed).

So once again I had to go online and locate the older 2.1.0_12984, only then did the cameras connect as soon as I started it up.

Where do I go from here??

If I had bought this system just one week later the only version I would have known to download is the newer 2.1.1 and I never would have gotten it to work and I would have taken it back where I bought it, only because I have it working with the older version is why I havent taken it back yet, but i am concerned that if I ever accidentally update it and in the future and not able to obtain the 2.1.0 version....this whole sytem will be useless to me then Because of this, unless I can get the updates working as they should I have no choice but to return it.

Please help!!

Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor

James,

Correction...I believe the cameras say "not connected" instead if "connecting"

Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor

Well I believe I have an answer....

I called the customer support and their reply was....Yes, they are aware of this problem on android phones and their engineering dept, is working on it, but they do not have a date on the fix yet.

So it seems to me that for all the android users having problems with the new 2.1.1 update, we will need to wait for next... I guess 2.1.2 update before this will work.

One thing was funny....she actually wanted me to update to the 2.1.1 version again just so I could take a picture of the phone with the error message (Green camera screens which say not connected with no live button visible) just so they can add it to their data they are acummulating concering this issue. I believe I explained it clearly enough.

There is no way I am going to un-install old version, install new version (take a pic), uninstall new version and once again re-install the old version just so they can have a picture!!!....I'll leave that for someone else to do 😄

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No problem - I have both the old and new apps loaded on different devices and sent them an image.  They now have at least one image to work from, perhaps more if others sent theirs in.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently under investigation and has been escalated to the engineering team. Thank you for the feedback and any additional information concerning this issue is appreciated.

JamesC

Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor
I posted on the other thread regarding this, but I put it here too....
The newer 2.1.2 update fixed all my problems that I was having ....so a one week turn around time to fix it....Not bad....Thanks Arlove team.
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation