Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BigBroIsWatchin
Tutor
Tutor
Has anyone noticed that when trying to google info about arlo cameras/system that all questuons lead to netgear community. Even very specifuc questions go without answers but are redirected here? Anyone???
7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

Don't know if this really answers your question, but when trying to do research on an item pr system, I usually look at Amazon's reviews and Q/As. Amazon seems to have the largest reviews by people that have actually purchased the product. This usually lets me know what I want to know - good and bad.

Brian

BigBroIsWatchin
Tutor
Tutor

BigBroIsWatchin wrote:
Has anyone noticed that when trying to google info about arlo cameras/system that all questuons lead to netgear community. Even very specifuc questions go without answers but are redirected here? Anyone???

I’ve got a couple of systems but trying to find out “certain” aspects or specs on these things seems to be completely overseen by netgear. I seriously got so upset that for an hr. this afternoon I ask the same question to google in as many different ways possible and not one time was the keyword even in the responses I received. It’s like if it may save you money and at same time not put any in theirs then answer is unattainable thru any public source. Try finding anything on YouTube about mods or anything and you will find 4. Two by two individuals both of whom live outside the continental U.S.  and 2 of those are without words and other 2 in German. Can not seriously tell me that no one has modded these open source cameras and not put a video on YouTube.  

brh
Master
Master

Why not ask you questions here? Sureley with the hundreds of users here you can get your questions answered.

BigBroIsWatchin
Tutor
Tutor

BigBroIsWatchin wrote:

I'm looking for honest answers and not necessarily the netgear approved answers. Believe me there is a difference. If you'd have spent half as much time dealing with netgear as I have you' d understand. Take a guess off top of your head how many call centers there are for tech support and then guess how many people work at that call center for the entire world's population. You would not believe me if I told you the truth knowing how big a company netgear really is. 

brh
Master
Master

The people that are trying to solve problems on this forum are mostly regular Arlo owners that are, for the most part, happy with their systems, have quite a bit of knowledge on the workings/setups of the system and are trying their best to helpfully solve problems as quickly as possible to save the customer with problems having to wait for Customer Support. There is no benefit in our giving dishonest answers or only give Arlo approved answers. From what I have seen, dissenting posts and even borderline vulgar posts have been allowed to be posted. 

Brian

BigBroIsWatchin
Tutor
Tutor
That may be true with most on here but in my dealings with netgear, and there have been many, I yet to come across anyone that will give up an honest answer if it goes against netgear policy. I guess the check is worth more than integrity. In today's age with privacy at a premium and what appears to be everyone's info that can be sold worth even more to Big business I think openness and transparency would probably benefit the worthy ones in the long run. I'm a private person and like to keep my stuff to myself unless I choose to give it to for example. I don't want to waste my time and whoever else's time asking a question only to be fed an answer that isn't true just because it destroys plausible deniability for the party being asked. I see it everyday and deal with it everyday.
brh
Master
Master

@BigBroIsWatchin

Thank you for differentiating this community website from Netgear. Fortunately for me I have never had to use Arlo Support as all my Arlo cameras and systems have worked as expected out of the box.

Brian