Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

What is going on with Arlo Community accounts?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Just wondering what is happening with Arlo users community accounts. While attempting login, I was forced to reset my password, it would not let me login with my current password. After resetting it, I was greeted with an email from Arlo support, welcoming me as a new community member.

Email starts with: "Sandbox: Welcome to Arlo...…...and Hello UAT, thank you for creating your Arlo account".

I find this a little strange especially since there never was a notice from Arlo about any changes coming to the community/support areas.

Anyone else seen this?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

re email

Scheduled Maintenance on February 19, 2020 starting at 1AM EST

Arlo will be performing routine server maintenance on February 19, 2020, starting at 10 PM PST / 1 AM EST. We are expecting a period of approximately 15 minutes during which the following services may not be available:

• Arlo Apps (iOS, Android) and my.arlo.com
  • New product registration and set-up

During this period, your Arlo devices will still be online, able to detect motion and capture video clips.

Thank you for your understanding as we work to continuously keep our services performing at their best. Please visit status.arlo.com for any updates.

Thank you,

The Arlo Team

PS... got similar email as your with UAT

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Paul_FCCL,

This particular email was sent out in error and can be ignored. I've not heard anyone express that they were forced to change their password due to this however, please let me know if you experience any other strange behavior and I will consult the IT team.

JamesC

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC:

Password reset was not a result of the “welcome email”, it was forced when I tried login in to my Arlo community account. I had been using a password for a very long time (over four years), when password was no longer accepted and had to reset it, strangely even in my cameras account.

Then the email came, basically welcoming me as a new user to Arlo.

Pretty weird........