Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mathschool
Aspirant
Aspirant

In short, Arlo support portal is absolutely broken, and I'm not the only one who complains - https://community.arlo.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Unable-to-reply-to-posts-or-use-live-chat/td-p/1690...

Last week I contacted live chat for support. After debugging, it was pointed out the unit is defective and I was promised a replacement. This week, I asked if replacement was already sent, and got an email asking to clarify my shipping address:

Hi xxx, this is John from Arlo Technical Support. some_text...

John

Your ARLO Support Expert

Update Case

?val=some_random_string

To send a follow-up response, click on the link or copy and paste it in a browser: ?val=some_random_string

And here are 4 problems:

1. As you see, link in your email is broken (it contains just a part of URL, without actual URL itself, so it doesn't work).

2. If I try to reply by email, I get an automated response that your mail server doesn't accept emails from my IP. Which is crazy because I never had a single issue emailing anyone.

3. If I try to contact you via email, I always get an error that something was wrong and I need to contact support. How the **** do I contact support if I get errors? 

support_mail.png

4. I can't contact live chat. I understand that that's probably because there are no support agents online right now, but why is it needed to display a misleading info that you are ready to help?  

support_chat.png

So my question is - how can I finally contact support to confirm my shipping address and get a replacement unit? Purchased 4 cameras total, 3 of which work great, and I really need to get the last camera installed.

P.S. Yes, I used the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome browsers and tried that on 2 different computers, so a canned reply that your support system works great and it's a problem with browser is out of question.

4 REPLIES 4
mathschool
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after some debugging, I found that option to contact via email actually works, but only if messages are short. If I try to submit a longer message, the error is displayed.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey mathschool,

Thanks for letting us the problems you're experiencing with your case. Just to make sure, were you able to respond to your email or contact our support team? If not, feel free to let me know via private message so I can look into this further.

mathschool
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the follow up. I was able to contact support via livechat, but the issue is still not solved because support initialized an incorrect RMA, so I'm waiting for 2nd week just to replace one defective unit. They told me to keep waiting again, hopefully it won't take another week to initialize RMA for correct product this time.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Glad to hear you were able to reach out to the support team regarding this. But let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.