Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Better Business Bureau's complaint filed and case# 702456 issued regarding support case 40857364 and RMA 40865254.

Regards,
The Wraith
8 REPLIES 8
Earlboston
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station stopped connecting to the internet.  I reached out on 5/8 via Chat and had a good conversation.   After troubleshooting, they decided to replace the unit.  On 5/11, I recieved an RMA number.  I elected to pay $16.90 so they would go ahead and send out the unit before I sent them mine.  After that, NOTHING.  I've chatted, emailed, phone called on numerous occasions.  They blame it on the warehouse and leave it at they will get back to me once they hear from the warehouse.  No correspondece afterwards.  I had one more chat conversation today (5/28) with what I anticipate to be the same result.  He assured me he would get back to me via email.  If not, I will be stopping my business with Netgear and go with another brand of camera and routers throughout the house. I'm hopeful I won't have to do that, but not sure what else to do.  Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can understand your pain.

I've had numerous problems with numerous cameras (I have 10 in use) and through chat support they aggreed to RMA one of them.  That RMA was issued on 5/7.  I also paid the $16.90 and it's been 22 days and I haven't heard anything from customer service - and I submit inquiries to the status and request shipping/tracking info MULTIPLE TIMES DAILY.

Better Business Bureau's complaint filed and case# 702456 issued regarding support case 40857364 and RMA 40865254.

Regards,
The Wraith
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

For those interested in how you must proceed in order to get the expected customer support from Arlo... you must file a BBB complaint.  Please, follow along this timeline I have documented.

5/6 - Engaged online chat with failed camera.  Support confirmed Arlo would warranty replace the unit.

5/7 - Arlo automated email with RMA link, asking for shipping address and shipping options (chose to pre-pay $16.90 advanced shipping)

5/14 - Having receive NO update or communication from Arlo since 5/7, began clicking support URL to "update case" (provided in email, no other way to know it).  Each "update" to my case I asked for a status update and confirmation of shipping/tracking information.  I asked for this information at least twice per day starting 5/14.  Often times I would ask 4-10 times per day.

5/29 - Having well exceeded the 7-10 business days for standard shipping, and having now submitted at least 45 requests for updates and shipping info - submitted a BBB complaint at 9:15am Central time.  2 hours, 30 minutes later I had new emails from Arlo with a new Case #, new RMA#, expedited shipping at their expense, and a refund of my $16.90 I originally paid.

It seems if you want to get any support out of Arlo you need to submit a BBB complaint and wait just under 3 hours.  I should have my replacement camera in hand by 5/30.  ...and all it took was a complain.  I suggest anyone struggling with "Customer Service" from Arlo submit a complaint.

Regards,
The Wraith
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

File a complaint, get results.

Regards,
The Wraith
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

5/29/19:

9:15am - BBB complaint filed

11:20am - Response from Arlo Executive Escalations

5/30/19:

11:15am - Replacement camera delivered by FedEX at Arlo expense

So, a mere 26 hours to the minute after my BBB complaint was filed I have a replacement unit in my hands.  Something I couldn't get them to accomplish in the 24 days prior.  I couldn't even get them to respond to a single case update in that time.  I continue to recommend if any customers are having problems getting adequate support from Arlo to file a complaint.  It seems to be the only thing they listen to.

Regards,
The Wraith
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had two cameras quit working within 6 minutes of each other on May 31, 2019.  One is an Arlo Pro the other an Arlo Pro 2.  Attempts to engage support via chat are again futile as it never, ever connects.  The fact Arlo places this unfunctional method for customers is ever puzzling to me.  I called the (408) 638-3750 support number as listed and was greeted by a level 1 tech that barely spoke English and could not understand or interpret the nature of my complaint.

For over 20 minutes I asked for a supervisior or level 2 tech and was denied.  I asked for her name and employee ID and was refused the information for 23 minutes, until she placed me on hold 4 times to "confer with someone else", who must have told her she could give me her ID.  Her ID is 62264.  I've no idea her name because she couldn't speak English clearly enough, or spell it for me.

I asked for my Case # and was told, "Sir, you haven't given me a case number." then asked if the customer was supposed to be generating case numbers.  I never received an answer to my question and was put on hold no fewer than 15 or more times.  I was told a supervisor "should" call me back within 24 hours.  After 40 minutes I was given a case number of 40903601.  I stated I was not willing to wait for a call back.  I was again placed on hold.

Upon one of the many times I was taken off hold and placed back on hold I asked if was the Arlo company's opinion that as a company that sells home security products, when these products fail and need replaced the answer they're comfortable telling the customer is, "You have to wait 24 hours for your security product issue to get a call back."  I never received an answer to my question.  It is the untmost ridiculousness the level of support paying customers receive and the fact you can get no traction until a BBB complaint is filed.

Arlo Case#: 40903601
BBB Complaint #: 703358
Arlo Employee ID#: 622264

I continue on hold waiting to talk to ...someone, anyone, who can process a simple RMA request.  I'll update this case with the total call time as it progresses.

Total Call Time: (to be updated)

Regards,
The Wraith
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

After 51 minutes on hold a supervisor named "Majid" with ID 462878 took the call.  The supervisor stated he would work with me to test and troubleshoot the (2) cameras.  Will be RMA'ing the first camera as it appears to have suffered a hardware failure - but the second camera whose sync lights indicate... he wanted me to do an offline sync.

He had me unplug the base station and attempt to sync/add the device.  The device fails to add to the base station.  The supervisor is still checking status on his end before granting the RMA for the second unit.

Total call time (and on-going) so far: 65 minutes

Regards,
The Wraith
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Total call time:
98 minutes.

Arlo is RMA'a both cameras, waived shipping fees on one camera.  (which, isn't really saying much since they are sending both cameras into one box, I had to pay to have the RMA'd units sent 'within 3-5 days')

Regards,
The Wraith