Firmware Changelog

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
plriewqaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it just me, or is it exceedingly difficult to find a single location where firmware update versions are published which shows the date of the release, for which device, the version number, and what is included in the release? Yes, I am able to find firmware release notes here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes but here’s the problem. It is 10:17pm central time in the US on 2/16/2021 and I just updated the firmware for my VMB4500r2. The firmware version is now shown as 1.16.5.0_3646_89fcc16 but I show no firmware release matching this. Wtf?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi plriewqaw,

We appreciate your feedback. The suggestions made here are noted and will be passed along to the development team.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's usually a lag between deploying and notice being posted, likely due to the different locations where this happens. JamesC is the one who posts and in in California so if the update is available in a different time zone there's lag. 

Patience is a virtue.

plriewqaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed new firmware on 2/16/2021 at 10:25PM Central time. It is now 2/17/2021 at 9:35AM Central time. I think that’s plenty of time to allow for a “time zone lag” between deployment and publishing of a new software release. This isn’t an outrageous expectation, to have details about a firmware update published to coincide with deployment. So, thank you for trying to answer, but I’ll take it as no answer at all. Also, there’s no need for commentary on the virtues of patience, guru. I asked a legitimate question and the asking of that question does not demonstrate that I’m impatient. If anything, it shows whoever is in charge of updating firmware at Arlo is not very good at their job.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi plriewqaw,

We appreciate your feedback. The suggestions made here are noted and will be passed along to the development team.

Miketech1
Initiate
Initiate

Please give us some release notes that say something other than just "Bug fix". What bug fix? What was wrong before that's fixed now?  Details man!