Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Re: Customer support

Reply
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 537 Views
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
OMG, I just got off the phone with Arlo customer support and it was disastrous. I could not understand a word the lady was saying and she had no idea what she was talking about. Arlo needs to train their employees better and hire people that know the English language better.,
Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Community Manager
Community Manager

What did you call in about? We me be able to assist here on the community. Can you provide details about the issue you're experiencing?

 

JamesC

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello James,
I called to inquire about the Arlo Pro 3. I currently have the Arlo Pro and wanted to upgrade my system as I am having issues with my current system. The Arlo Rep was barely understandable and she had no clue of the specifications of the Arlo 3.

I wanted to know the following questions.

1. How many Arlo pro 3 cameras can I have on the same hub.
2. Does the Arlo pro 3 come with the 7 day free Cloud recording? Several stores in Miami have said it does.
3. Can I view footage recorded on the the Arlo pro 3 flash drive via my iPhone app? Arlo assured it’s client base that they would before 2019 was over and they haven’t delivered yet. Is this true and when will it be active?
4. What is the price for the cloud storage for the Arlo Pro 3? How many cameras Are included in the price?
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jgomex wrote:

1. How many Arlo pro 3 cameras can I have on the same hub.


I believe the answer is 15 (though not sure).  However,  the base can only do 5 simultaneous streams, so I suggest sticking with 5 or less per base.  https://kb.arlo.com/1179521/How-many-Arlo-cameras-can-I-view-at-the-same-time

 


@Jgomex wrote:

2. Does the Arlo pro 3 come with the 7 day free Cloud recording? Several stores in Miami have said it does.


No.  There will be free access to local storage (USB thumb drive connected to the base, or a MicroSD in the Ultra base), using both the app and the web browser interface.  That will be released very soon.  But cloud storage requires a paid subscription for both the Pro3 and the Ultra.

 


@Jgomex wrote:

3. Can I view footage recorded on the the Arlo pro 3 flash drive via my iPhone app? Arlo assured it’s client base that they would before 2019 was over and they haven’t delivered yet. Is this true and when will it be active?


It still is the plan to deliver it, and that should happen soon (per other official posts here).  Note you do get a 3 month trial subscription with the Pro-3, so you will have free storage until the feature is rolled out.

 


@Jgomex wrote:

4. What is the price for the cloud storage for the Arlo Pro 3? How many cameras Are included in the price?

The Premier plan gives you 2K cloud recording with 30 day retention.  Pricing details vary by country, so it's best to just look in the attached link for them.  https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...