Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
dlari
Initiate
Initiate
We received very poor customer service when we were trying to troubleshoot our Arlo base station and camera.

We were told by the Arlo representative that we would not be charged if the technician could not fix our problem. During the call we were able to fix our own problem without the technicians help.

The Arlo representative then came back on the phone demanding payment immediately and began to use very unprofessional words with us and started yelling into the phone at us.

I informed her that we were customers and that this was very unprofessional service and asked to speak to her manager. I explained to the manager that the technician did not fully resolve our problem and that we were able to locate and find the problem ourselves without the technicians help.

I let the manager know that we would not be paying the service fee because the technician did not resolve our issue as we had resolved it ourselves. The manager understood this and apologized for the poor service we received. I then ended the call.

To Arlo, I recommend looking for better troubleshooting representatives and technicians. This service was very unprofessional and reflects negatively on the brand and its products.
10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master
Did you contact genuine arlo support?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx
dlari
Initiate
Initiate
Yes, we contacted Arlo customer support. The number we called is the one posted on the Arlo website.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I was told by Arlo support that they never read or use this forum so much of what you say falls on deaf ears.
The forum super users have access to Arlo according to the FAQS so they may want to pass this up the chain.

@ShayneS can also be contacted PM.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Support pretty much reads from a script. The status page shows no problems since 5.25 but Twitter has many ppl tweeting Arlo and on Twitter Arlo acknowledges problems. The mods here pretend problems do t exist and are isolated incidents despite countless posts on this forum.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You shouldn't be charged for Arlo support. Netgear does charge but not Arlo. I would suggest calling again and/or PMing one of the moderators here (@JamesC, @ShayneS, @JessicaP)

Apprentice
Apprentice
The support page says support is free for the first 90 days only. But IMO, an outage is clearly the fault of Arlo and three should be no fee. Frankly paying for support is ridiculous, especially when it's so subpar.
Shannon1102
Initiate
Initiate

The support is so incredibly bad and unprofessional. I'll be facing out this product as soon as possible. 

The only thing support can do is tell you to factory reset your system every time you report an issue. USELESS. Asking for a manager also is not possible because they are busy. 

Do not buy this product!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Shannon1102

Is there something I might be able to help you with?

Shannon1102
Initiate
Initiate
My system in my house abroad has 1 camera that does not record on motion anymore. I spoke to some diego guy that basicly closed the ticket and told me he couldnt help me anymore if i didnt do the factory reset. Being remote for the comming month i have tried resetting the cam that is giving problems manually. This didnt help. Problem persists meaning i dont receive record on movement. The other cam stil works fine. Ill be able to fix it probably when i go there again but i would rather replace the whole system. Im not sure if the problem is on the sending end (camera) or the receiving end (cloud) but rrcordings are not displayed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shannon1102

I do apologize for the poor experience you encountered with Support. There may be instances when the cameras and base may require physical troubleshooting steps, if the camera(s)/base experience certain issues.

If you like, I would be glad to assist you when you return home. It does sound like the cameras battery may need to be Removed > Re-Inserted.

A few questions:

-Do you have 3 Activity Zones created fr this camera?

-Is this camera a Pro or Pro 2?

Thank you for your patience