Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
kadenkruz
Tutor
Tutor

Someone broke into my house and Arlo caught them in the act.  Everything was there yesterday but today it's all gone.  I had marked the videos as favorites also.  Where are they? I know that the system is being updated but why did it erase my library? I have no evidence now.  I feel like I've been robbed for a 2nd time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

as a PS to above, this may only work if you used the browser prior ... as it appears to be a cached version

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
borregonegro121
Tutor
Tutor
I feel the same way...now the guy that showed up with a HATCHET & GLOVES ON KNOCKING ON MY FRONT DOOR CAN GET AWAY WITH MURDER! Thanks Netgear for the upgrade! How much did I pay for this?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry you lost your data... but shouldn't have you d/l a copy to yr computer/phone right away. and/or have made a backup for evidence

borregonegro121
Tutor
Tutor
When I use the option to download, I get the pop-up message:
User Access Denied
what the?
borregonegro121
Tutor
Tutor
I'd like to retrieve this particular video & download subsequent pertinent videos. The sherrif & one of his deputies are dishonest! That's why I need to go to either the Texas Rangers or the FEDS with this. At least my pastor & many of my friends were able to view it before the link expired.
patsie32
Aspirant
Aspirant

patsie32
Aspirant
Aspirant
My favorites are missing too. Where do i find arlo cloud?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

borregonegro121 wrote:
When I use the option to download, I get the pop-up message:
User Access Denied
what the?

I just tested a download and all was fine... Are you at work ? A firewall ? Listed as "friend" ? Or even try another browser like chome /ie>10/fire fox

borregonegro121
Tutor
Tutor
Does the iCloud have to be enabled to download?
borregonegro121
Tutor
Tutor
I'm using my iPhone @ home & I am the primary user.
kadenkruz
Tutor
Tutor

Scolding me is not helpful.  I want to know if I can retrieve my library somehow.  I want everything recorded on the day it happened. I wasn't even close to having full capacity so why was my library erased?  I was hoping the library would be restored after the updates yesterday but it hasn't.  Does anyone know if it will be restored?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You'll have to contact Netgear with a trouble ticket re your files

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

read this thread...

recycle bin appears for me on Chrome ( pc broswer ) but not Fire Fox..

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Wire-Free-camera/Missing-Recycle-Bin-in-app-workaround/td-p/10...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

as a PS to above, this may only work if you used the browser prior ... as it appears to be a cached version

kadenkruz
Tutor
Tutor

Yours is the most intelligent answer I've had and you're on the right track. When I accepted the new updated Arlo version, it wiped out my library.  I had the old version on my tablet which I have not updated.  When I checked my library using this older version of Arlo:     B I N G O !       Thankfully it was all still there, the entire day of the infamous event I was searching for.  You were right about it being cached there.  Thanks for the tip.  You're the best!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

glad to hear it worked for you....

Flanast
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue. The last update not only erased my past recording but now no new recordings can be found in the library notwithstanding that I know the cameras have been triggered and recoded something
thth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Likewise I'm having a similar issue. Update is preventing me from viewing my downloaded videos.

kadenkruz
Tutor
Tutor

I wanted to thank you again.  Because of Arlo, the person who broke into my house and then into my office is now doing 2 years in prison.  The detective assigned to the case wanted to know what kind of camera system I have because he had never seen better infrared security video in such detail.  I didn't even have to testify in court because the video evidence was obvious.  The guy did a plea bargain and was found guilty of breaking and entering and sentenced to 2 years.  This guy had worked for me 2 years ago on a construction project at my house.  I would never ever have guessed it was him without Arlo.  The peace of mind for me to know who was responsible for the break in was so gratifying!  As soon as I get a Facebook page, those video's will be the first thing I post.  Thanks again Arlo/Netgear, you guys are the best!

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation