Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
krags
Follower
Follower

There was this strange occurrence this morning around 12:49 that was caught on camera.

The camera is located just outside the bedroom window about 15 feet off the ground.  Someone, or something managed to stay out of view of the camera, and tried to test out the motion / camera to see if it worked.   There was what looked like to be a light saber or glow stick that they used to try to see if the camera was working.

They had a lot of balls because the camera was next to the window, while someone was asleep right by the window.  Based on the angle of the camera, and the height and angle position of the camera, they really had to reach to get the object to pass in front of the camera. 

I am posting to get some feedback of what you all thought and opinion on what you think this was.

The white object you see in the right of the frame, passed the camera on 2 occasions, once to the right, and back to the left.  This one you see is the object coming back to the left.  To me the person was facing away from the camera, and used the right arm to move the object back and forth.

object.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
brian82
Tutor
Tutor

from just that snapshot, it looks like the end of a baseball bat.  If we saw the whole video, it might be more clear.  But, at night, the IR Led's will light up the closer items really bright, like in your picture.

are there baseball bat size dents on your car?

Duffie
Initiate
Initiate

Maybe they were trying to hit the camera with the bat? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Think we have a winner.... Esp if close to the IR illuminators, the object will appear whited out from reflection 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ellice
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only saw the snapshot but could be spider or insect. Saw similar thing with camera near ground.
williadw1955
Star
Star

I see spiders, bugs, birds looking at my cameras and had squirels remove a camera from the magnetic mount twice.

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation