Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
SJC829
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,
We put a camera on the side of our house after we suspected that our neighbors were messing with it. All was fine for a while, but then I noticed that there would be a flash of light and nothing would be recorded. Sometimes, there is no footage of him leaving. I didn't think much of it until this video popped up. Excuse the dusk and rain; it is not the clearest video. However, it looks like he is shining a bright light at the camera. Is it possible that he is manipulating the camera with a light?

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/E19FEEF984CE1F01
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, he's not controling the camera wit the light...its just like any other camera, if you shine a light into it the auto iris attemps to correct for the amount of light entering and can't...the light washes out the view for the short time.

As to sometimes not getting a recording of him leaving / entering, that could just be a situation of the PIR not picking upactivating record till after hes gone ( he's running) due to the some time delay that happens.

What I would do in this case ( if he's a real problem ) is add a second cameras a bit further or in the back end of the home which is toggled to record by the first camera.

( tho it does look like his in his yard/driveway  and it is a short didtance to the fence from yr house )

Cam 1 senses, records on Cam 1

Cam 1 senses, records on Cam 2

This would record on both and he can't be in two places at once... at least if he's doing harm, it will be on one of the cameras.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation