Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
bittners
Follower
Follower

A really bad man,  breaks into the house by tearing away siding from my daughters home. Our daugher and her new husband just bought their first home 6 months ago and are working every weekend to make it just right.  All the tools were stolen, thousands of dollars.

The Police were very impressed by the quility of the camera footage.

But will they find this guy?

Arlo has it all on camera, they watched while it was happening from 45 mins away. Called 911 but he was gone by the time they arrived.

Upland, Ca.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/7D630D858B32CD31

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

link expired

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mdntblu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Link expired. Wanted to see how well the camera looks.

KATO1
Tutor
Tutor

well hopefully they will catch the perp.

BlackH20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hope they catch them, suggest putting up a few "dummy cameras" in addition to your Arlo Camera's.  Wether on the magnetic mount or screwed down, a theif can easily steal the Arlo Camera (not cheap).  I mount them where that are not easily seen and then have a "dummy camera" (which looks just like a regular hardwired monitor camera) that further deters crime and is easily visable to everyone.   Sometimes you can see people try to avoid being filmed by the dummy but your Arlo captures them.  Have had Dummy camera's for years, most every contracter, whether installing a pool, new roof, remodeling etc., comments on the camera's and beleives they are real.  Relatives even asked to see themselves on my T.V.  Neighbors have asked how I like my security system when I only had the dummy camera's.  Told them Ioved it. Great added protection, many options on Amazon. So far love the Arlo system, one on the front door, garages, two on pool area and one on the pool equipment area.  Great for mounting in trees pointing towards house wth camo and green covers.  

ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice
Why doesn't Arlo do something to keep these links from expiring? It's really annoying to not be able to see the main subject of the posts.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ToastyFlake,

Any shared Arlo video link is intended to expire after 24 hours by design.

Take a look at this post that defines how a clip should be postedin this thread to avoid expiration: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Caught-in-the-Act-Videos/How-to-post-an-Arlo-Caught-in-the-Act-Vide...

JamesC

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation