Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

i just got my arlo system need info for batteries

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
s1
Aspirant
Aspirant

what is the best options for the batteries? i am using duracell dl 123A ultra 3v. i have a 24/7 gym that i use them at and they only last for a little over 2 weeks before i need to replace them. what would be the best rechargeable battery i could use? thanks   

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

s1 wrote:

what is the best options for the batteries? i am using duracell dl 123A ultra 3v. i have a 24/7 gym that i use them at and they only last for a little over 2 weeks before i need to replace them. what would be the best rechargeable battery i could use? thanks   

You can get the OEM cells online for about $1 to 1.50 depending on brand...  your usage must be fairly heavy to get only 2 weeks.

As to the rechargeables... read this thread;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Rechargeable-batteries-for-use-with-Arlo-camera...

about 21 pages, but you can prob skip to near the end...

At last look, the nightcore and eagletec seemed to be the better batteries for heavy usaage... the site and charger is in the thread..

Be aware tho you may have to change sooner because the high use... but the good thing is a few testers found rechargeables to work better for heavy usage vs long time low usage.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
s1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info much appreciated 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation