Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how do you use your arlo

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lifebeginsafter
Aspirant
Aspirant

what is the application on how you use your arlo? I'm understanding now that these are not for 24hr a day use (unless i misunderstood what i read)? Thats what i was wanting to do so i may need to go with wire instead of wireless? tks for time and efforts

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on exactly what you mean. They are available 24/7 but only record on motion. You can use live viewing but that depletes the batteries quickly. If you want realtime streaming the Arlo Q cameras are powered and can accomplish this but are rated only for indoors since they're not weather-sealed. They do work well through windows unlike the wireless cameras so they may work for you. Otherwise, yeah, a wired system is what you need.

lifebeginsafter
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok, i was wanting to have on 24hr a day and as it caught motion to start recording. How is you system setup? tks for response

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have both wireless and a Q camera. The wireless cameras are armed for various parts of the day but I occasionally set one or more to be armed the whole day, depending on my needs. I could use live view at any point but rarely need to. The Q camera is indoors, pointing through a window, and is set to capture motion all day. Use of the schedule simplifies my setup and, since I'm retired, don't have need for away vs. at home.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation