Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
nyc10024
Initiate
Initiate

hi, does anyone know when and if the arlo hardware will be updated in 2016? would love a hard-wired option!

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would kinda defeat the purpose of being a wireless system...  😉

nyc10024
Initiate
Initiate

would be nice to be able to combine fully wire-free cameras in places that need that, with cameras that support hard-wired power, for places that have power (instead of changing batteries every X months).  there are a number of posts on this forum related to hardwiring power.

PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've considered removing the batteries, attaching wires and connecting them to a wall adapter of the same voltage and amperage.  I've done it with other battery operated devices just haven't taken the time with Arlo.  I have 2 of my 4 cam system mounted right next to an outlet so it would be easy.

ash31
Guide
Guide

Here's another vote for a hardwire option: I really like having cameras without an ugly power cable but there are some situations where a wired power option can be useful, such as an outside-mounted camera subject to low temperatures that impact the integrated batteries' performance. Being able to supply power from either a separate battery pack located a few feet away in a warmer temperature, or from a wired power supply, would provide some important flexibility.

I've been reading other posts on self-installed remote power and will try the same on one camera.

twospirits
Guide
Guide

That would be really neat. If you do eventually do that modification, can you do a step by step. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

nyc10024 wrote:

hi, does anyone know when and if the arlo hardware will be updated in 2016? would love a hard-wired option!

There is a hardwired option coming out late this month ,  Arlo Q camera.

Do a search here it's been posted. Tho it is an indoor camera, they add two way audio and sound detection.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation