Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
d0gg
Apprentice
Apprentice

The one thing that really bothers me is the paid teir requirement for more than five cameras.

I completely understand charging for more storage space to keep videos and snap shots stored. However, the cost of the cameras should be enough revenue to allow for a single base station with the total allotment of supported cameras (10) without needing to pay a fee.

I purchased two 4 camera kits from my local BestBuy. I ended up returning one because of the fee to support them.

Restructure your teir packages and you will sell a lot more cameras.

Just wanted to get that out there.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

d0gg,

Your feedback is appreciated, I will pass this along to the management team for review.

Thank you for your contribution!

JamesC

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
True.
cubu
Tutor
Tutor

I would have to agree with this point, as I have always wondered why/how this decision came about.  In essense you are discouraging consumers to go with more cameras.  I almost bought the kit with 4 arlo and  2 arloQ, but then read about the 5 camera limit.. does that automatically require me to pay the monthly fee to make full use of a more expensive purchase?   As far as marketing goes, you should never be penalized for purchasing more or spending more $.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Netgear has stated that the specific kit of 4 wireless and 2 Q cameras will work fine on the basic plan.  Just choose the exact model number when setting up your system.

tinokremer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Even though I support the statement, keep in mind there is a higher cost to Netgear when more cameras are added. The more cameras you have in your account, the more cameras could potentially be streaming at the same time. Storage itself is fixed indeed and it would fill up just faster, but the actual bandwidth for the whole system would have to be increased nevertheless.

That said, a limit to concurrent streams for recording could be set. For example, when there would be a limit of 5 streams (like we have a limit of 5 cameras currently), any number of cameras could be hooked up to the system. It's unlikely all cameras would be recording at the same time anyway. When it happens, only the first 5 are actually recorded, unless you get a higher subscription with more concurrent streams available.

cubu
Tutor
Tutor

Well, I bought the 6 camera system, and my subcription is limited to 5 cameras.  Looks like I'll have to contact support, the regular arlo wireless won't connect to r7000 but arlo Q connects fine, Chat support has a queue... time=money.  I'm kinda having buyers remorse already

cubu
Tutor
Tutor

got the 6 camera subscription by setting up a new email/profile/account.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation