Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Spacejamz
Star
Star

Is there any information available for the special offers that will be given to existing Vuezone users? 

70 REPLIES 70
GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
I just got an email from a rep at Arlo.

-----Thank you for reaching out to me! I understand that our management team is currently working on a modification to the original offer based on valuable feedback..."------

It's nice to see that Netgear finally decided to recognize the value of thousands of users that are very upset with their brand . We should be hearing from them soon. Since this debate started many months ago, it will be nice to get a fair offer. I'm not sure about you guys, but I will be happy to return my vuezone base and three cameras for a nice fair discount on the Arlo system.
If any of you receive the offer in the next few dayside, please post it here.
ChloeonCamera
Star
Star
I am contemplating purchasing Arlo. Comments like these scare me though. I can't spend $500 or more on a system that will be discontinued or not receive customer service.
GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
Agree. We've been waiting for a while now for a buy back offer. It looks like they might do it. I know a large number of Vuezone users that purchased the product after talking with me and now are in the same situation. I'm embarrassed because in a way I feel responsible. That's one of the reasons I'm advocating for a fair action from Netgear.
GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
This is when one of us officially asked the question about Special offers for existing Vuezone users : 2015-01-05 12:49 PM
7 months is long time to put together and implement an action plan, isn't it?
We are still waiting for some feedback.
GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
I just sent ChristineT from Arlo, yet another message. We've been communicating since February. I just don't feel it's right to throw away 500 dollars of equipment (because if you take the current offer, they lock the hardware) for a 90 dollar discount on another 450 dollar system that supposely is an upgrade based on users feedback.
I will post the answer here as soon as I hear back from her.
ChloeonCamera
Star
Star
I am def following this. I would have purchased the Arlo system by now but am waiting to see how this vets out. What's to keep this to happening to Arlo in a year?
ChloeonCamera
Star
Star

Yikes. That's a horrible deal. So a company can just come up,with a new system every year, sort of force the hand and make them purchase the new one, and then lock folks out of what they already purchased. That's why I am not buying Arlo......and its motion lag.......until they figure this out and take care of their existing customers and bust out a software update.

ChloeonCamera
Star
Star

If I have to "upgrade" my system within 5 years this is not the system for me. I think a $700 +\- system should last that long. 

Hello, Dropcam? It's me, Chloe. Want my money? 

FishingCarolina
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guess what, I have been trying to get my promised free Arlo camera since the end of March and am still going back and forth with Arlo/Netgear support in emails and support requests.

Netgear support keeps promising me this phantom "free camera", but they also keep opening new cases every time we send responses back and forth to one another.  I have had around 7 to 8 case numbers, even when I tell them NOT to close it because my case IS NOT RESOLVED.

It seems to me that Netgear/Arlo's strategy is to keep giving you the run around until you throw your hands up in defeat.

So, I just updated my support requests several times in the last few days and Netgear tells me that they have "elevated" my support issues to the "next level".  Here's hoping I see this free camera at least by Christmas... 9 months later.

Better late than never I guess Netgear.

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Free lol. I was told special offer and only got 40% and passed on because of all the complaints about terrible delay in motion recording. Netgear doesn't care. They have a crap product that can't be fixed.
GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
The disrespect to Vuezone users continues. I'm still waiting for the discount. The email they sent me asking for an extra week was sent 4 months ago. And VUEZONES SERVERS WENT DOWN 3 days AGO
rancher242
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not new to Netgear or Vuelesszone, but did want to ask and see if anyone can help me with the ARLO upgrade for Vuezone users?  I'm less than impressed with Netgear and Vuezone service, so I'm not really sure why I would jump in for more punishment, but I'm willing to listen to what ARLO has to offer. 

So.....I'll make this offer to ARLO, that if you value me as a "potential" customer, one has spent tons of money on Vuezone, then the very least you can do is contact me to discuss my options.(You have my account info......afterall, you asked me all the needed questions to join the "commnity".  If I don't hear from anyone in 48 hours, and I doubt I will, I'll then consider my interest closed and Netgear will have made the decision for me....Ball is in your court....Netgear....ARLO or whatever you're called. 

GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
It appears that Vuezone servers are back. And guess what? All cameras are now 'non authorized'. Interesting right? I have to set them up again. Me and everybody else.
I also received another email from Netgear. With yet, another promise. I think this is promise number 7. I really hope they surprise me, at least with the respect a paying, loyal customer deserves. I should receive another email tonight. Or maybe in 3 months. I'm really curious about this fair deal they are going to offer their Vuezone customers. The first one was "buy a new system, we will give you a 90 dollar camera' and "your system Vuezone will no longer work'. So a great deal. Give them another 450 dollars. They give you 90. And you throw the other 450 in the garbage.
Theguy52
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's really an absurd. Now I have to travel 50 miles to reset my cameras in my beach house. Blame on you Vuezone. I can't stand you anymore. You really do not respect your customers at all. Reviewing my concepts. Will I ever buy a Netgear product again? Of course not!!!!

ChloeonCamera
Star
Star

Did you get another camera system? I'm wanting to know what people have picked in lieu of Netgear.

Theguy52
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a matter of fact I bought for where I live the Arlo system with 4 cameras and took the Vue to my beach house.

The Arlo is working fine up to now, but it "eats" battery, and it's 4 batteries instead of the 2 used in Vue cameras.

GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary
I also have RING. Ring.com
It's the motion and voice activated camera and bell ring. Elegant, efficient and amazing customer service.. We need to charge it every 3-4 months. And you can answer your dor from any place in the world. RING is what I use for security. I can't trust Netgear right now.
CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also recently came across Blink For Home, which is due to be released in the next few weeks. Initially it will be for indoors only, but they are also developing a weather proof version for outdoors.

GadgetGuy
Luminary
Luminary

Well, after all that, I did get the 'famous' more generous offer from Arlo that others were getting. Yes, it did not come easy. Even after I had it. They were having server issues, payment system issues and my card was getting billed before I was even done with the task. But....Cristine showed me that she did care. She removed the charges right away, and let me know when the payment system was back. I got emails from her. And we talked on the phone. Arlo needs a lot of help. She was doing all she could, but the response time she was getting to get a simple fix to a payment system, so I could make a purchase, in my opinion, is definitely not industry standards. At least not New York standards. But again, after one week, the issue was resolved and I made the purchase. And believe it or not, after running this long marathon, I'm excited to get my box delivered today.  I'm traveling, so I will be up late tonight setting it all up. Good luck to all. I will now be a contributer to this forum, but providing equipment feedback, instead of complaining here. :-).

And here is a public thank you to Cristine. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

And here is a public thank you to Cristine. 

+100%, top notch and cares about users.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats