Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
afeid
Star
Star

I'm looking for replacement cameras for the VMS3230., any product but arlo/netgear. My reasons (as listed in a post-support survey):

I purchased 3 arlo cameras. I was planning on purchasing 3 more, but one of the cameras began showing a red picture. I checked the support forum and found this was a known problem, going back a few years. I arranged an RMA, but then found that, despite the fact the product was under warranty, and had a KNOWN DEFECT, I would have to pay for shipping to return the product. I called to see if there was an alternative. The first person with whom I spoke had a very thick accent, was barely understandable. She told me that I was mistaken, that I wouldn't have to pay shipping if I did a normal RMA swap. I went back to the process, and the final page informed me, despite what the first support person said, that I would in fact be responsible for paying to return a defective product. I called again and explained my issue to yet another person with a thick accent. That person put me on hold, then said he was going to transfer me. Instead, I ended up listening to non-English speaking voices for 10 minutes (guessing he just sat the phone down, hoping I'd disconnect). A bit later someone else picked up the phone and had me explain my problem again. That person also said they were going to transfer me and that they would call me back if the call got disconnected. A few moments later, a woman picked up the phone. I heard her say a non-English phrase several times but not to me, and the tone was as if they were reluctant or irritated, after which they hung up. Despite the promise made by the woman who transferred me, I did not receive a call back. At this point, I am going to post my Netgear products and support experience on public media, also share it with my friends, family, and coworkers ( I work at a Fortune 100 company with more than 150k employees, and we're always discussing technical products). I will NEVER purchase anything produced or supported by Netgear again.

===================

Based on my esperience with support, I'm expecting to be banned from this forum, and also of course, expecting this post to be deleted.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

afeid,

I would like to work with you to resolve the issue you are having with your Arlo camera. Please private message me the case number you have open with the support team and I will investigate the issue further.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation