Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Refund question

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KamiKaze29
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the annual premiere plan, and am thinking about upgrading to the elite.  Does arlo refund the prorated amount when upgrading plans?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kamikaze29,

Thank you for allowing me to clarify. If you upgrade to Elite midway into your premier annual subscription the Elite annual term will start on the day you perform the upgrade. The remaining balance on your premier annual subscription will be refunded toward the new annual term.

Your invoice will reflect the Elite Annual charge of 149.99. You will then see a discount equivalent to the unused portion of your Premier Annual plan, resulting in the final bill being 149.99 minus the remaining unused portion of the Premier Plan.

Your Elite subscription will then begin after you complete the transaction.

I hope this helps!

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KamiKaze29,

Upon upgrading from premier to elite you will be charged the prorated amount for the plan change. If you have any other questions or concerns please ask!

JamesC

KamiKaze29
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI James C. Thanks for the quick response.  So to be clear, the way I read your response, it sounds like I keep the same anniversary date when upgrading from premiere to elite?  For example...If I upgrade to the annual (99$) premire plan in Jan 2015, and decide to upgrade to the annual Elite plan in July 2015.  Based on your response it sounds like I only get charged for 6 months of Elite and when the next Jan (2016) rolls around, I will renew for an entire year?  Also, do I get credited for the 6 months of premire from July - Dec 2015, that was paid upfront in Jan 2015?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kamikaze29,

Thank you for allowing me to clarify. If you upgrade to Elite midway into your premier annual subscription the Elite annual term will start on the day you perform the upgrade. The remaining balance on your premier annual subscription will be refunded toward the new annual term.

Your invoice will reflect the Elite Annual charge of 149.99. You will then see a discount equivalent to the unused portion of your Premier Annual plan, resulting in the final bill being 149.99 minus the remaining unused portion of the Premier Plan.

Your Elite subscription will then begin after you complete the transaction.

I hope this helps!

JamesC

KamiKaze29
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect description.  Thanks!!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation