Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Jody
Luminary
Luminary

I have reviewed a ton on post regarding rechargeable batteries on the Arlo. Most don't provide a name of the rechargeable battery they are using or the name of the recharge...

Please post this information as it will help us all when one of us discovers the perfect battery and recharge for our units..

30 REPLIES 30
mkar
Aspirant
Aspirant

GTL battery light blue blasted and the camera got fire. Nice that netgear is replacing the whole unit.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Warning to all !

mkar wrote:

GTL battery light blue blasted and the camera got fire. Nice that netgear is replacing the whole unit.

Sorry to hear, good to hear its getting replaced...

I do believe myself and others have mentioned the safety factor of cells with PCB ( over/under volatge protection ).

I also know that many of the china cells are crap compared to 'known' brands in both rating and quality.  The only thing going for them is the cheap price.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Nick_Brisbane
Tutor
Tutor

Rightio. I've been following these Arlo recharable battery threads since I got my Arlo cameras over a year ago.

I have tried many different types but every single type I try the camera and base station report the battery as being almost dead flat

I just got a brand new set of the Tangfire many people rave about but they are also reporting as being flat.

Yes I have the latest firmware. I have the settings set to auto update firmware. It's currently at:
Base station: 1.6.0_3643
Camera: 1.2.2688

I have rebooted the base station also.
image.png
Nick_Brisbane
Tutor
Tutor
I'm such an idiot. My kingdom for a delete button !

I was looking at the poor signal because it was red it caught my eye.

Please disregard my previous post.

Here's hoping the Tangfire batteries do well.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Nick_Brisbane wrote:

Here's hoping the Tangfire batteries do well.

Tangfire really come in at about 550 mahr....  you ( normal use ) should come in at aprox 35 +/- days.  After two bars you'll still have a week or so but when you get the email warning maybe 1 day before dead. 

Once you get the email warning , take them and replace as they don't have a PCB to protect against over discharge.

Morse is faster than texting!
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

TomMac wrote:

Warning to all !

mkar wrote:

Sorry to hear, good to hear its getting replaced...

I do believe myself and others have mentioned the safety factor of cells with PCB ( over/under volatge protection ).

I also know that many of the china cells are crap compared to 'known' brands in both rating and quality.  The only thing going for them is the cheap price.

You're right @TomMac about the safety factor. I recommend checking out Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries that includes BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you all who have contributed to this discussion.

Kind Regards,

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation