Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Price Break by Mixing Systems/Cameras Interchangeable?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

I've been using a couple of Dropcams (love 'em!) for a year now and am almost certain I will supplement them with several Arlo cameras.  I notice that full camera systems/setups universally cost: 

$200 for 1 camera

$350 for 2 cameras

$450 for 3 cameras, or

$500 for 4 cameras.

If I required say, a 3-camera system and a friend or neighbor required only a 2-camera system, could we simply purchase 4- and 1-camera systems for $700 instead of 3- and 2-camera systems for $800?  In other words, is there anything that precludes one from breaking up sets and linking an orphan camera to a different base station if it didn't strickly come with their purchased system "set?"  No biggie either way; just thought it'd be worthwhile to ask if it meant a $100 savings could be realized between us.....   Thx!

2 REPLIES 2
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning R_Lowe,

Sure, you can purchase a 1 camera kit and a 4 camera kit and divide the cameras up as you see fit. As long as the camera(s) has not already associated/synced with a base station it can be paired to any base station that you choose. If ever you decide to change the configuration between the two systems you can simply remove a camera to delete it from the original account and then sync the camera(s) to the other base station.

Thank you for inquiry!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Great.  That also sounds like I may not have to worry about somebody taking my camera and using it with their base if I sync mine to my setup first (not that I think that would be a problem for a while until at least every 5th home has one) - something I never had to worry about of course w/my two indoor Dropcams.

In any event, I've now asked maybe three key questions for myself in various sub-forums here*; and other than the battery situation (which reasonable and cost-effective work-around is probably just obtaining rechargeable batteries when the supplied set finally go out), I pretty much see no other impediment to my pulling the buying trigger on several Arlos - Dropcams more adventurist brother (haha).  Thanks for you help.

*actually I think I have one more which I'll post shortly

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation