Power cable

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DannyRose
Aspirant
Aspirant

Allow me to apologize if this is posted in the wrong section. if so, I would appreciate if an Admin would move it to the correct place.

My question is about the power cable.  Is it detactable and how long is it. I want to have a very short power cable because I have an outlet mounted on my ceiling and I don't want a long power cable dangling near the camera.  Can someone please elaborate and tell us about the power cable?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyRose
Aspirant
Aspirant

I actually called Netgear and I was informed that the cable is a standard Micro USB cable with a standard sized USB connection on the other end. That other end can connect to wall outlet plug just like the square iPhone charger or an Android Charger.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd estimate a 3-4 foot cord.  I shorten nearly every cord by only pulling out what I need from the original wrap or redoing that wrap and using a twist tie.  Not the same as a short cord but keeps things short and only what you need.  The lump of wire can sometimes be tucked behind something to help hide it.

Alternatively, you could cut the cord, paying close attention to which wires go where (polarity) and solder/tape/shrink tube the splice.

DannyRose
Aspirant
Aspirant

I actually called Netgear and I was informed that the cable is a standard Micro USB cable with a standard sized USB connection on the other end. That other end can connect to wall outlet plug just like the square iPhone charger or an Android Charger.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The power cable for the base station is NOT a USB connector - it's the typical round one like most non-USB-powered devices.  The camera has a microUSB connector but that's a totally different issue.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation