Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ArloNewbie
Follower
Follower

What types of payment methods are accepted to upgrade my Arlo Service plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello ArloNewbie,

Upgrading your Arlo service level can be done at any time by logging into your account then selecting “Settings” and navigating to the “Subscription“ option located in “Account Settings“. Currently,you can only purchase Arlo service using a Visa or MasterCard credit card. American Express & Discover are not supported at this time.

Thank you for your question! Smiley Very Happy

David - Arlo Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello ArloNewbie,

Upgrading your Arlo service level can be done at any time by logging into your account then selecting “Settings” and navigating to the “Subscription“ option located in “Account Settings“. Currently,you can only purchase Arlo service using a Visa or MasterCard credit card. American Express & Discover are not supported at this time.

Thank you for your question! Smiley Very Happy

David - Arlo Team

Miquel
Aspirant
Aspirant

i tried to upgrade my plan and used two different VISA credit cards but i get a message regarding "invalid VAT".

Even though now i can enter all mu credit card info, i cannot change my subscrition from tha basic to the other options availble. i need the TOP one since I am trying to add another BASE and eventually will put a third one. thx

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Miquel,

This error has been seen in our testing environment for countries that are outside the US that are still in the process of being finalized and supported. I have been advised that you can leave the VAT number blank (for now) and update the field once the product has been released and available in your specific country.

Can you give this a try and let me know if you continue to see issues with purchasing the Elite service plan?

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Miquel
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are not continental USA but we are part of the usa... 

When you mention leave the VAT number blank; what do you mean?  i do not see a space for VAT. the only numbers spaces are the credit card and security code (back of card); there is no other spaces for numbers here and although everything is filled out I do not get the chance to send the request..... thx in advance. Miquel

Miquel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please help me out with the plan upgrade since i bought a second system to add more caeras to my system but cannot complete the upgrade to elite in order to include the second base. Like i mentioned before, the system will not allow to upgrade when all info is entered.

thx, Miquel

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Miquel,

I have sent you a personal message but wanted to let you know we are still investigating this issue and will need a bit more time to resolve this issue. I'll be back in touch very soon (once I receive an update from our development team).

Thank you for your contribution to this community and for choosing Arlo!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Miquel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any further info on the Elite Upgrade for us living out of Contiental USA?

I guess my only option is opening another account with a different email address and having to log onto different accounts to seel all my 8 cameras.... please keep me posted on info regarding acceptance of Puerto Rico credirt cards.... thx, Miquel

Miquel
Aspirant
Aspirant

please let us know if adding elite to puerto rico is ever gonna be possibe>...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Miquel,

I do not have any additional information at this time regarding subscription availability in Puerto Rico. Please keep an eye on the following article as we are continuously expanding subscription availability in many regions.

What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

Thank you!

Jamesc

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation