Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
maxkatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'd like to buy a 3-camera system (too many break ins in the area). I read all the reviews and comments in this forum. There are two major issues for me: 1) battery life, 2) recording delay. What is the chance that Arlo will come up with a new model in the next few months that will address these issue? Or, both can be addressed with a software upate?

Is there another wireless/outside camera that might be a good alternative to Alro? 

3 REPLIES 3
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

New hardware will not be available anytime soon. Arlo isn't that old at all. Battery life is what it is. The lag however SHOULD be able to improve with some software updates, if they would take the time to address it.

If you need 100% wireless, this is your best option I believe.

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

AnthonyArmato wrote:

New hardware will not be available anytime soon. Arlo isn't that old at all. Battery life is what it is. The lag however SHOULD be able to improve with some software updates, if they would take the time to address it.

If you need 100% wireless, this is your best option I believe.

Unless you want wires running through your attic, this is the best option right now. I've done months of research on what to get for my new house. With some systems, even if the camera is wireless to the receiver, you still have to run wires for the power. With outdoor camera's, your still gonna be drilling and running wires through walls....and I didn't want to deal with that or pay someone to do it. 

maxkatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation