Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Read on New features with latest software;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/New-Arlo-App-A-Quick-Guide-to-New-Features/ta-p...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

the new default modes are ARMED ( all on ) and DISARMED ( all off )

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
BetaCygni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't seem to find the total storage used like in the old app. It used to be under the subscription.

Is there any way to find out much storage you've used in the cloud?

Also, with the new app, all my previous cloud stored videos seem to be gone. ???

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

On balance, I think that the new app is pretty well done and works as advertised. The switch was seamless and the new version seems more intuitive and efficient. I do hope, however, that the battery status feature is restored.

EyeInTheSky
Star
Star

I haven't downloaded the new app to my phone yet but if the changes to the app are the same as the changes on the web portal, then there's a few problems that need to be corrected.  One is that the modes and rules should be kept as being separately managed.  Now you create a mode and create new camera rules within that mode.  The problem is that you have to create new camera rules every time you create a mode.  You can no longer associate pre-existing camera rules when creating a new mode. The scheduler also seems to have a bug in it. I want to schedule a mode to run from 7:00am to 2:00 am and it will not allow me to save this schedule.  What I need to do to get around this is create two schedules.  One that runs from 7:00am to 11:59pm and another that runs from 12:00am to 2:00am.  Like someone previously commented on, there's no way to look at or manage your cloud storage.  Why was this removed?  As with any software "improvement" to make things easier, the developer's idea of "easier" is not always the same as that of the end user.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First , as tot he Scheduler... it use to work the same way in the old version.  12 Midnight was a new day, So yes, you have to do it in two parts.

Modes/ Rules are a little more difficult like you said... tho we may find shortcuts along the way.  Good thing is once set up and functioning well most don't have to modify or change them

Storage limits I think were totally eliminated and it now just goes by DAYS of storage based on your service level ( 7, 30, or 60 )

airone07
Star
Star

the battery level of the camera is much less visible than the previous version.

Beaman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree on the battery status eliminated. The sample picture on the sight shows it present, and it's present on my computer, but it is not on my smart phone.

David<><

thlai15
Tutor
Tutor

With the new software upgrade, how do you reuse existing rules when you create a new mode? It doesn't make sense you have to recreate a whole new set of same rules every time you add a new mode.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

battery icon seems to be missing from Android app only ...netgear says it will be fixed

Rochelle
Tutor
Tutor

On the app I can't find a way to "select all" which was there before. I always deleted my videos in one swoop that way. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help!

Rochelle

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

the new default modes are ARMED ( all on ) and DISARMED ( all off )

EyeInTheSky
Star
Star

thlai15, I stated the same thing about this.  It's pretty lame programming in my opinion.  More work to accomplish the same thing.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

EyeInTheSky wrote:

thlai15, I stated the same thing about this.  It's pretty lame programming in my opinion.  More work to accomplish the same thing.

Naming change is due to new audio capabilities coming in the new Q cam... not just motion but audio too.

Just remember, the two new ( default modes ) ALSO have default settings in the rules.

But all my old Modes came over as custom and retained all my prior rules included ... so I guess it's just a safety net.

EyeInTheSky
Star
Star

One new feature in the camera rule sets is the ability for one camera to trigger an action on another camera when motion is detected on the triggering camera. I'm thinking this is Netgear's attempt to reduce their camera's lag times on recording startup.  What I don't understand is why the triggering camera can't be set to record motion as well.  Now I get alerts that motion was detected on the camera that was triggered in the rule set but nothing from the triggering camera.  I want to get recorded motion from both.  Do I need to create a second rule for the triggering camera to record motion as well?  Or is that going to conflict with the triggering rule?

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

Yes, create another rule.

Rule 1: Camera A triggers, Camera B records

Rule 2: Camera A triggers, Camera A records

EyeInTheSky
Star
Star

Thanks snip3rboy!

manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

i have 7 camers 5 outside and 2 inside, with the other software, i could arm all and disarm 2 i dont want on by unticking the camaera, i could still have all the outside camers on but not the inside picking me up when i walk around, it was quick and simple to change.

How do i do this on the new website page?? Thanks

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

manilaBoy wrote:

i have 7 camers 5 outside and 2 inside, with the other software, i could arm all and disarm 2 i dont want on by unticking the camaera, i could still have all the outside camers on but not the inside picking me up when i walk around, it was quick and simple to change.

How do i do this on the new website page?? Thanks

@manilaBoy

For 5 cameras, create a new mode, call it 'OutsideCamsArmed' or whatever pleases you.

Add 5 rules in this mode, 1 for each camera you want armed.

Then...

Select Armed if you want all armed.

Select OutsideCamsArmed if you want only 5 cameras armed.

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

@TomMac.....battery icon seems to be missing from Android app only ...netgear says it will be fixed

Hi TomMac

How do you know this?

i would have thought with all the problems created by this 'upgrade', Netgear themselves could have had the decency to make a posting with this info!

manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

Tried this could not get it to work wanted to only link another camera to come on at sametime, the old interface system was so easy, i wish they have not changed, if i could get my money back on this security system i would, but with 7 cameras its cost me, plus the $14.00 a month fees.Netgear has reall sucked in allot of people in on this system.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Geoff wrote:

Hi TomMac

How do you know this?

i would have thought with all the problems created by this 'upgrade', Netgear themselves could have had the decency to make a posting with this info!

Because one of the netgear Moderators posted what I said , ... if i find the exact thread, I'll send it to you

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Geoff

READ this;   # 8

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Q-Troubleshooting/Frequently-asked-quot-How-To-quot-questions-...

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks TomMac

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also confirms that the storage limits are gone, only DAYS of your service level.

Where did my older recordings go?

The limits are now by DAYS of storage based on the account's service level. If you have recordings older than your service level's limits, they are no longer available.

4metoo
Guide
Guide

Sounds like a lot of stupid IT making it harder for the customer.  Wish I hadn't bought this camera they took a good program and made it a disaster.

Discussion stats