Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

My college dorm was robbed today, and I need a new security camera.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
StackOverflow
Follower
Follower
So, today a thief broke into my college dorm residence and raided the entire room and stole some valuable stuff. Since this is a small dorm, I am looking to purchase an Arlo Q. However, I am confused about it s unclear details of its 7 day cloud storage. Does that mean that after 7 days the product becomes useless? I don't want to have to pay no subscription fee BS. So after 7 days, will I completely lose ability to record videos?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

StackOverflow wrote:
So, today a thief broke into my college dorm residence and raided the entire room and stole some valuable stuff. Since this is a small dorm, I am looking to purchase an Arlo Q. However, I am confused about it s unclear details of its 7 day cloud storage. Does that mean that after 7 days the product becomes useless? I don't want to have to pay no subscription fee BS. So after 7 days, will I completely lose ability to record videos?

It means the Basic ( or free ) level of service ONLY retains the recorded videos for 7 days... On day 8, day #1 vids are deleted.

But you download to local computer any vids you want to save.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

StackOverflow wrote:

It means the Basic ( or free ) level of service ONLY retains the recorded videos for 7 days... On day 8, day #1 vids are deleted.

But you download to local computer any vids you want to save.

Morse is faster than texting!
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I Cannot make this MORE CLEARER..........

In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is Arlo to be considered  as "SECURITY" Cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation