Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode settings

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
brswann
Follower
Follower

It would be a great benefit to be able to set the mode individually for each wireless camera.  Currently you can only set one mode that is applied to all the cameras associated with the base station.  If you have multiple Arlo Q's I believe you can set them individually.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

brswann wrote:

It would be a great benefit to be able to set the mode individually for each wireless camera.  Currently you can only set one mode that is applied to all the cameras associated with the base station.  If you have multiple Arlo Q's I believe you can set them individually.

I think you haven't grasped the concept of modes, rules and the Scheduler yet.

A mode defines which combination of cameras are active at the time you choose to activate the mode (besides the individual sensitivity setting, recording length and notification channel for a motion event).

If, at a different time, you need a different combination of cameras to be active you create a new mode and define the respective rules inside it.

It is this collection of modes that you create one time and up-front that allows you to control your cameras to your requirements.

Lastly, you (can opt to) use the Scheduler and have the modes be changed for you automatically based on day of week and time of day. Otherwise, or even to override the Scheduler, you switch to and/or between modes manually.

There is no constellation of camera activation you can't define with this set of tools (modes, rules and scheduler), and it only requires a single mode change on the Arlo Mode page to switch to another mode or the Scheduler.

Note that the above applies to the Arlo Wirefree cameras only. The Arlo Q's are controlled in a different way.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

brswann wrote:

I think you haven't grasped the concept of modes, rules and the Scheduler yet.

A mode defines which combination of cameras are active at the time you choose to activate the mode (besides the individual sensitivity setting, recording length and notification channel for a motion event).

If, at a different time, you need a different combination of cameras to be active you create a new mode and define the respective rules inside it.

It is this collection of modes that you create one time and up-front that allows you to control your cameras to your requirements.

Lastly, you (can opt to) use the Scheduler and have the modes be changed for you automatically based on day of week and time of day. Otherwise, or even to override the Scheduler, you switch to and/or between modes manually.

There is no constellation of camera activation you can't define with this set of tools (modes, rules and scheduler), and it only requires a single mode change on the Arlo Mode page to switch to another mode or the Scheduler.

Note that the above applies to the Arlo Wirefree cameras only. The Arlo Q's are controlled in a different way.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation