Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live Streaming

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lukeMV
Follower
Follower

Can Arlo be set up to a monitor (USB?) to have live streaming? I am considering setting it up at work to replace existing set-up, which I have the monitor of live cameras running so I can see what's happening in real time (without having to have an additional window open on my work computer).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

lukeMV wrote:

Can Arlo be set up to a monitor (USB?) to have live streaming?snipped

No, the Arlo system will not work directly to a monitor ( the two usb ports on the base are for future options ).

It also is not considered a 24/7 streaming type system. Arlo is more designed to be motion activated recordings. You can manually start a recording and/or live stream if wanted but due limitations ( batteries ), the more the camera is use the less time the batteries will last.  The advantage of batteries tho is that the cameras are wireless and they can be moved around at will where wanted. Also they are waterproof so can be placed outside.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

lukeMV wrote:

Can Arlo be set up to a monitor (USB?) to have live streaming?snipped

No, the Arlo system will not work directly to a monitor ( the two usb ports on the base are for future options ).

It also is not considered a 24/7 streaming type system. Arlo is more designed to be motion activated recordings. You can manually start a recording and/or live stream if wanted but due limitations ( batteries ), the more the camera is use the less time the batteries will last.  The advantage of batteries tho is that the cameras are wireless and they can be moved around at will where wanted. Also they are waterproof so can be placed outside.

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Record is greyed out when live streaming. I can hear faint scratching sound, quieter than in reality while live streaming but no possibility of recording at the same time. Cameras keep alerting and yet no recording has appeared in the library!
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is this normal? It would be great for there to be a recycling bin which cannot be emptied until the subscription time is up, basic, elite etc - to help give time to find any deleted videos!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JustLearning wrote:
Record is greyed out when live streaming. I can hear faint scratching sound, quieter than in reality while live streaming but no possibility of recording at the same time. Cameras keep alerting and yet no recording has appeared in the library!

If you are in live stream mode, the 'running man' is grayed out because you are over-riding the motion detect... You can manually start a recording while in streaming mode tho by clicking on the 'circle/dot' icon

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I see, but the circle/dot was greyed out too on this occasion- it usually isn't.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, misunderstood....

If the record button isn't functioning.

I'd first reboot the camera by opening the battery door for a few seconds.

If that didn't work, i would prob remove the camera completely ( settings - remove ) and then bring it back as new

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation