Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
sparkybait
Follower
Follower

I was wondering, are there lens covers available for the wireless cameras? We have a 5 camera setup - 2 indoors and 3 outdoors. Since we  can not deactivate certain cameras ( my wife would like to deactivate the indoor ones at night and leave the outside ones armed), I thought that  covering the lenses of the indoor ones would work but  want something that is easy to use to do so (easy on / easy off). Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sparkybait,

There isn't an official NETGEAR branded accessory for what your describe. I would recommend disarming these cameras. This can be done by creating a custom mode. You would want to add rules to the custom mode for motion detection for the desired cameras and activate that mode during the desired time frames.

For instructions on how to create a custom mode, see here: How do I create a mode to assign different actions to each camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sparkybait,

There isn't an official NETGEAR branded accessory for what your describe. I would recommend disarming these cameras. This can be done by creating a custom mode. You would want to add rules to the custom mode for motion detection for the desired cameras and activate that mode during the desired time frames.

For instructions on how to create a custom mode, see here: How do I create a mode to assign different actions to each camera?

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What you need to do is create new modes as James mention.

Or you can go into SETTINGS  and turn off the cameras too, tho this is a manual set option

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation