Is it posible to have 2 or 3 Arlo set ups running independantly ontoan i-phone

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CaptAhab
Follower
Follower

I am using an Arlo set up to monitor security in a property that I manage with feeds to my I-phone. No problems with this set up, its runs perfectly.

But, I'm considering putting another 2 systems into another 2 houses, and would like to know if I could monitor three different independant systems via the app on my phone. (and if so how?.)

Regards

Allan

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

CaptAhab wrote:

I am using an Arlo set up to monitor security in a property that I manage with feeds to my I-phone. No problems with this set up, its runs perfectly.

But, I'm considering putting another 2 systems into another 2 houses, and would like to know if I could monitor three different independant systems via the app on my phone. (and if so how?.)

Regards

Allan

Allan...

Yes it can be done easily...

1) increase the service level you have to cover the number of cameras wanted above basic ( 5 )... next 2 levels are (10 and 15 ).

There is no limit to number of bases. All cameras would appear under the same account. ( max 15 cams on one account )

2) set up 3 basic level accounts using different PWs and User names ( up to 5 cams each ). You would have to log in/out each account separate.

Only other note is if you use the Q cam with the paid CVR option , then they don't count against the total #

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

TomMac wrote:

1) increase the service level you have to cover the number of cameras wanted above basic ( 5 )... next 2 levels are (10 and 15 ).

There is no limit to number of bases. All cameras would appear under the same account. ( max 15 cams on one account )

2) set up 3 basic level accounts using different PWs and User names ( up to 5 cams each ). You would have to log in/out each account separate.

Only other note is if you use the Q cam with the paid CVR option , then they don't count against the total #

Only thing to add to the above, in case it isn't clear: 1 and 2 are two alternative options. With 1 you have to pay a subscription fee. With 2 you don't, but you have the hassle of having to continually log off and on your three (free) accounts.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Slight modifcation here, too - if you add access to the cameras on the other systems using the email address on the main account you can see all the cameras on one account/login.  Takes a little putzing but should work.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I take it you mean as a "friend account"

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

TomMac wrote:

I take it you mean as a "friend account"