Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do the Arlo cameras have audio capabilities?

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
ArloNewbie
Follower
Follower

I haven't seen anywhere that the Arlo cameras can also record audio? Is that a feature that exists? If not, are there plans to incorporate audio in the future?

26 REPLIES 26
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

markholtmeulen,

The Arlo Wire-Free system does not have audio capabilities as you mention. You might look into the Arlo Q or Arlo Q Plus both of which are wired options with audio capabilities and may better suit your needs.

If you are getting too many notifications and poor battery life, you might consider adjusting the sensitivity on your cameras. To adjust sensitivity, take a look at the steps in this article: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

xaero
Guide
Guide

No offence jamesC, but this thread is soon to be 3 years old, and back when we first asked this question, there was NO wireless netgear cameras with audio. Also, the ARLO doesn't support streaming and recording to our own NAS or multiplex. I have since 1,5 year back chosen a full installation of D-link wireless cameras in my home and office, all supporting audio recording and recording to my own NAS. I am sorry to say, but netgear's lineup cameras are YEARS behind in development considering it's high price tag.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation