Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Battery improvements pending/

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MARALYN_MANSON
Follower
Follower

hi,

I really like the Arlo camera buit am having reservations before I buy the system.

The Batteries.

I have read many reviews of dissatisfied customers who like the system but have to pay a fortune in batteries.

So, the question is, when will Netgear be doing something to overcome this problem? I'm guessing that so many objects have rechargeable batteries - from mobile phones to cordless drills - that it surely must be possible to create a camera with a rechargeable battery system in place? My mates entire house runs on batteries!

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

MARALYN_MANSON wrote:

I have read many reviews of dissatisfied customers who like the system but have to pay a fortune in batteries.

So, the question is, when will Netgear be doing something to overcome this problem? I'm guessing that so many objects have rechargeable batteries - from mobile phones to cordless drills - that it surely must be possible to create a camera with a rechargeable battery system in place? My mates entire house runs on batteries!

Cheers

First, the batteries do last a good amount if you look at the design spec ofthe camera system.... the spec use is =< 5 mins per day.  I find most of my cameras do only about 2-3 mins per and the batteries run almost 4 months on best video. YMMV as it took a bit of trial and error to eliminate false triggers and also to stop playing with it 🙂 .

I get the OEM from online and they run about $1.50 +/- each, depending on sale.

As to rechargeables;  In the beginning Netgear was also saying it was ok to use them.... later down the road with all the cheap imports and fakes AND then throw in a melted camera from same,  Netgears policy was to move away and now they don't recommend rechargables ( think of the new phones going up in the past couple weeks )

But , you as the end user, have the ability to use them with you accepting any possible problems that may occur.

There are at least 3 brands that do very well in the Arlo with the price range of about $5-8 each ( but get over 300 charges ) so cost isn't really bad long term.

I think the thread is about 60+ pages so if you read the last ten you should have most of the important info needed to decide.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation