Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice
One thing I have noticed after changing my batteries the last few times. Three of the battery do show low charge however one battery shows fully charged like it wasn't used at all. After I collect four of these batteries I will use them together to see what I get. You may want to test your dead batteries and see what you get. I would hate to despose of good batteries.

One time I had a camera that showed a low charge and didn't have any batteries. So I switched the batteries with a less critical camera. The low batteries now showed 3/4 charge. I'm assuming because that one battery was now being used because it was a different location.

My next test is to see what location that battery in on the camera.
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What type of batteries are you referring to ??  The OEM primary cells??

Yes, it has been noted before that location of the cells do make a small difference.  The 2 set of batteries are basically in parallel ( some additional circuitry involved ) to support the camera AND the IR illuminators.

I have noted a few tenths of a volt difference but that's about it.  ( tho there was a user here a while back that claimed some of his cells were usable after the camera had died... reasons unknown here )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've come to find out even though my tester shows half the batteries dead and the others with almost full juice. When putting all batteries that show juice in the camera the camera still shows almost dead. It maybe looking for something other than what my tester is looking for. I don't know. 

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Apparently there are two sets of batteries wired in parallel (I believe front and back, defined by the magnet and lens). This for longer life by doubling up on the available capacity.  Perhaps one set was installed improperly or isn't making contact?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote:

Apparently there are two sets of batteries wired in parallel (I believe front and back, defined by the magnet and lens). This for longer life by doubling up on the available capacity.  Perhaps one set was installed improperly or isn't making contact?

Yes... but there is also some small amount of curcuitry between the two sets ( haven't fiq out yet )...

But we're talking a couple of tenths of a volt or so ( cells come out of mine at 2.75 to 2.9 volts which is basically doa )

Also as mentioned, the camera will run on one pair of cells so maybe incorrect install , or possible defect could cause it

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

TomMac wrote:

But we're talking a couple of tenths of a volt or so ( cells come out of mine at 2.75 to 2.9 volts which is basically doa )

My Eagletac batteries are usually 3.2-3.4v when I pull them at the low battery notification. Wonder what the difference is?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote:

TomMac wrote:

My Eagletac batteries are usually 3.2-3.4v when I pull them at the low battery notification. Wonder what the difference is?

Yes... I was talking apples not oranges 🙂

The OEM primary cells are about 2.75 when dead... Rechargeables , what u said !

But still , either ones used the diff between all the cells for me are olny a couple tenths of a volt.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation