Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Froyd
Tutor
Tutor

Why would I want to buy Arlo instead of the less expensive VueZone? My intended use is strictly to monitor the front door.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have an older Vuezone system and Not to say that the Vuezone wouldn't work for you if watching a static location

But, IMO, the quality of the images are so much better it's worth it. Esp with the video in 720p.

It's like any second generational product, they use all the past info and just plain make a better functioning unit.

As soon as I can I'm replacing all my Vuezones.

PS. and the new Arlo have IR built in for night vision ( in total darkness ) you get a very good pic

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have an older Vuezone system and Not to say that the Vuezone wouldn't work for you if watching a static location

But, IMO, the quality of the images are so much better it's worth it. Esp with the video in 720p.

It's like any second generational product, they use all the past info and just plain make a better functioning unit.

As soon as I can I'm replacing all my Vuezones.

PS. and the new Arlo have IR built in for night vision ( in total darkness ) you get a very good pic

Morse is faster than texting!
Froyd
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response. I appreciate hearing from someone who's used both systems and I'll go ahead with the Arlo.

73!

wyreless
Aspirant
Aspirant

also have both systems and will definitely state that the image quality as well as camera build is by far superior on the ARLO.

But, and just a thought, with the release of the ARLO some great deals may be available on the 2nd Gen versions of the VuEZone. For just monitoring a Front Door, a VueZone will do the job. But the ARLO is a great product.

But please also remember that the ARLO Camera line are all Weather Resistant regardless of what version. Not the case on the VueZones.

Spacejamz
Star
Star

I bought a Vuezone from Costco last spring and absolutely love the wireless setup of the cameras.  One of the things that I hope Arlo will address is the delay time from when motion is detected to when the recording actually starts. 

Froyd
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Wyre, the better picture quality for not much more $ is the direction I'm taking. Since this is an internet-based device, I'm also concerned about having continued support for Vuezone.

Froyd
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah Spacejamz, I see the same comments on the video recording for the Arlo. Probably a battery-saving issue. For an outdoor camera, perhaps installing a motion sensor porch light might help. If the porch light's motion sensor is more sensitive and comes on earlier, it could activate the camera and start the recording process a bit quicker. That problem doesn't affect my purchase decision too much - all I'm interested in is a way to see who's at the door of a rental without drilling holes and running wires. I only wish it wasn't necessary to involve the internet gods to do it. :-}

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation