Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
joserereyesmd
Follower
Follower

May I add another base station on another network with same elite plan?

i,e, 3 stations , 3 locations(networks) with 5 cameras each?

JR

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

joserereyesmd,

Welcome to the community! Yes, the Elite Plan will support up to 3 base stations and 15 cameras. These base stations and cameras can be in any location you like and will be viewable from a single account subscribing to Elite. For more information take a look at the following article:

What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

JamesC

frozen220
Initiate
Initiate

This doesn't appear to fully answer the question joserereyesmd was asking.  They asked if the base stations can be on DIFFERENT networks.  For example, you have some cameras with 1 base station connected to an internet connection at that location, then you have more cameras and a 2nd base station at another house you own 10 miles away, but obviously on a different internet connection.  But all base stations/cameras are on the same Elite account.  This is possible, right?  Please confirm.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

frozen220,

Yes, as I stated above, the base stations and cameras can be in any location you like. This includes different networks, I apologize for any confusion.

JamesC

Cbrossard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have subscribed to Elite annual. I would like to add the second base station at a different home on a different location. How do I do this? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Cbrossard wrote:

I have subscribed to Elite annual. I would like to add the second base station at a different home on a different location. How do I do this? 

The easiest way is to set it up at your home , adding the new base to your account (and then sync'ing the cameras to that base )  (( cams can sync only to one base at a time ))

Unplug the second base and then pack it up with the cameras to the new location... plug in to the ethernet port there and all should work. They will all appear on the same account.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
card1nal
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac wrote:

The easiest way is to set it up at your home , adding the new base to your account (and then sync'ing the cameras to that base )  (( cams can sync only to one base at a time ))

Unplug the second base and then pack it up with the cameras to the new location... plug in to the ethernet port there and all should work. They will all appear on the same account.

I am in the new location, many hundred miles from the existing system, and so setting the system up in the home location is not a convenient option. How do I set up the new base unit and camera in the new location?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

card1nal,

Log into your existing Arlo account from the same network that the base station is connected to. Click "Add Device" on the cameras screen, select base station and follow the on screen prompts.

To add the second base station to your existing account you do not need to be on the same network as the existing system. You just need the base station and the device you are using to add the base station on the same network.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To rephrase a bit, there's no need to set up a system at one location to move it to another. It may be easier either way, depending on the scenario.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation