Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

wifi interference

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
damiansj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought a 2 in a box Arlo Camera (include base station). Setup was quick and easy. I put the base station next to an Apple Extreme router that is feeding the whole house wifi signal. The operation went really smooth but after a while the camera keep loosing connection. So I unplug the base station and move it away from the Apple router but now end up getting no response from the base station as it appear to be offline. Would the signal from Arlo base station interfere with the one from Apple router ? would the camera and base station need to be re snyc after it had powered off and on again ?

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The base station is still connected via ethernet cable to the Apple router right?
The wifi techs at Netgear (arguably the world leaders at networking) found that if the base station used the same channel as the wifi router, it would actually cause less interference. It kinda flies in the face of us that have always tried to use 1, 6, 11 and on the least busy of those channels, but other people have also found the same channel strategy to work well for them too.
The base station just needs an ethernet connection with internet access. Do you have that? 3 green lights on the base?

damiansj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Steve,

At first yea the base station was connected to Apple router via ethernet cable but eversince the base station lost connection with the cameras I moved the base station farther away from the router and I hooked it up to another ethernet cable from the wall that already has Internet access. At the moment I don't have 3 green lights and only have 1 amber light on the base (leftmost)

Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The LEDS from left are ;  POWER-INTERNET-CAMS SYNC

the power should ONLY be amber during a reboot....

So Unplug the router it is plugged into and the base unit... Bring back the router and base letting each one reboot.

If the above fails, then RESET the base ( reset hold for 10 secs till the leds flash amber ) and repeat

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

First thing I'd do is put the base station back next to the router and use a known good ethernet cable. Plug it in and turn it on and wait for the 3 or at least 2 green lights - Power and internet

Go from there. Perhaps your base is faulty? But at this stage, I have to wonder about your current ethernet connection