Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

vmb 3500 base station not found

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dodger413
Aspirant
Aspirant

after years of use, my system stopped working today.   base station and four cameras were working fine.

now, i get the message base station not found.   all three lights on the round model base are green.

i have tried EVERY recommended step here and elsewhere online.   with the green lights on base working, i would expect the base to be discoverable, but it is not.

factory reset seemed to have worsened the problem.

is it possible the base station is bad in some way ?  would a NEW base station make things work ?

need help.  it is SO frustrating doing the same steps offered here over and over again.

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master

Are you using the owner account credentials or a granted user account,

if the base station LEDs show all green then the base is likely still working ok just not communicating to the app.

If the Base was factory reset then it’s camera led should be steady amber meaning it is waiting to be claimed to an account.

Try using a pc browser to login to the my.arlo.com can work better.

dodger413
Aspirant
Aspirant

after perhaps 25 different attempts at getting the base station "found" either by PC or phone app, i purchased a NEW base station. same odel vmb3500.

it can NOT be found either.  never is seen by add device proceedure.

where can the problem be ?  

on the PC, i see the wireless connection to the base station.

is there a network security key  needed ??  i doubt it .

after purchasing, adding the NEW base station,  i am in exactly the same situation as the old NEVER found base station.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dodger413 wrote:

on the PC, i see the wireless connection to the base station.

Do you mean the closed wifi network that base creates?  That is only used for the cameras, you cannot configure it or join it.

Are you seeing a LED status on the router port?  What LED status are you seeing for the base?