Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Novice
Follower
Follower

The instructions mentioned something about setting the cameras to either public or private.   I don't see an option to make this choice.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Guess you need to point me to where you saw this.  I checked the downloadable manual and find no such reference.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Novice wrote:

The instructions mentioned something about setting the cameras to either public or private.   I don't see an option to make this choice.

The only thing that would possibly fit above would be if you allow a "friend" to view your camera feed.... this is an option, but really not public so much as you control who the friends are.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Owlguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm seriously thinking about buying the Arlo system, however, I will need to have one camera viewable by the public.  Is that possible to setup under this system?

CaptainDork
Apprentice
Apprentice

Short answer is, "No."

Here are the instructions for adding "friends" who can view and configure the cameras.

You must provide their email address and assign permissions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could potentially set up an email account for the sole purpose of handing it out to anyone who wants to view videos. Obviously, someone could usurp that account so you'd have to ponder the ramifications.